Exfoliation

Peace.

Over the holidays I decided to do something nice for myself. It was also something I deemed necessary but still nice. But 1st let me tell you a true story...

When I was about 28, my late husband was having a conversation with one of his coworkers. He'd been cool with this chick for years. I was there but not really listening. The woman had to be in her late 30's early 40's. The gist of the conversation was someone asked her to go somewhere on short notice. And she said,”I just can't fall out of bed and look beautiful. I'm not in my 20's anymore!” that got my attention and I instantly joined the conversation and asked, “What happens when you leave your 20's?” She replied.... “You don't even want to know...”

She didn't lie. I no longer wake up looking like Beyonce'. I might wake up looking like Miss Tina. My skin looks dirty and lumpy in the morning. And not like I didn't wash off the previous days makeup but like dirt and sand flew into an unattended room and collected. Some mornings it scars me if I'm not prepared for it. My skin's turnover is noticeably slower. I never had oily skin so now that I'm aging I look dry and flaky. Adding more and more emollients was doing NOTHING for me. You could see it sitting on top of the skin. I needed some help....

So why was I watching a proactive commercial for a oscillating face brush and was like, “THAT'S IT!!!!” And it was. I didn't get the proactive one because it comes with proactive products and I don't need that. I lusted after a Clarisonic.... but try as I might, I wasn't able to find one at a price I was willing to pay. So.... I got an off brand. It came with some solution... I'm not using because of the ingredients... batteries and 2 heads. The brushes are stiffer than the Clarisonic but the same diameter. I like it. I paid $20 for it. I use it with my Noxema and it's working. I saw results in 2 days. It's been 2 weeks and I'm looking better and better. It could be the water I've been drinking but I started this regimen before I started with the water.


Proactive


Clarisonic

I had rough patches around both temples. That has dissipated. The area where my glasses sit was discolored. I thought it was bruised but it has cleared up. My nose in general collects dead skin. It's looking a lot better. I know I wear makeup more regular now, but I don't want to scare people when I don't have any on. My chin literally had strips of dead skin that is gone now. I don't have to put powder in that area. And this is just for the 1st month!

You can't take the brush in the shower. I don't need that option. My shower is in a different area from my sink and commode. And I didn't see where I could replace the brushes. I'd have to buy a new unit. That's okay. It was $20. 1 brush replacement for the Clarisonic was $35. See where I'm going with this? Next time I think I'm going to get the Oil of Olay version. I'm kind of open and am at this point willing to spend just a little more on the upgrade. And I like Olay products and it's only $30. Plus you can buy refills.




Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue