Getting Back on Track... Literally!

Peace.

Well I began the next step of my transformation. I started my exercise program… AGAIN! Let me tell you something…. It never ceases to amaze me how quickly my body will go back to slug from a-tha-lete. Last year I was running 16 mile/week. Now…. A mike walk took 30 minutes and sucked the life out of me. I mean… damn! I know this is the off season, but I hate to start from scratch every single time.

But I did check a few things off 2013 resolution list. I went to another location than just around my house. Also, there is a walking/biking/hiking trail about 4 miles from the house. I’m going to take advantage of all 3 of those activities. I actually found these locals off a run tracker app. I have many installed on my phone. Any of those apps will do. They are kind of like social network sites so you can see where people are moving close to your area and you can use the same routes.


This is the park. Notice the spongy track. It wasn't asphalt it was some squishy business and had the nerve to have ice on it! Also... It was surrounded by mud. I ruined a new pair of socks....

So the exercise plan is to run 2/week Friday and Sunday (I’m off work Friday-Sunday). And do other resistance exercises, core and yoga during the week. That should touch everything. It would be good to work up to 6 days/week. That really seems like a lot. But I want results by the next season so……

This Thursday marks the end of my Special K 2 week diet. I actually feel kind of good. That strange 20lb weight gain was due to a convolution of “lady-issues.” They are gone now. And because I have backed off soda and dairy and added water, a lot of bloating has gone away. And I can sort of wear my clothes again. Seriously, 2 weeks ago, I could only wear my fat clothes to work. So I’m back in my normal clothes. Also…. And this may seem strange… I’m going back to shoes. Hear me out…. In the winter I normally wear boots; flat boots. Wearing flat shoes is like wearing elastic waist bands. You can swell up without any warning. And that’s what’s going on. So I am going to start back wearing my heels. Heels will keep me honest about how much weight I’m losing because the heavier I am the more of a struggle it is to walk in these shoes. And heels make your behind bigger. Win/win!

Come Friday I will move on to clean eating and the old weight watchers flex point eating plan. I decided to do that because I did it in the past and had moderate success with it. It worked, up to a point then it didn’t. Since that plan doesn’t exist with WW anymore, I’m going it on my own. It’s cool. I’m disciplined enough to figure it out, but all my stuff got lost in my last move. I’ll be okay.

Well that’s my update.


Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue