2014 Resolutions.....

Peace.

Ok you knew this had to happen right? A NY resolution build. First let’s revisit last year’s resolutions. It shouldn’t be hard…. It was just a few posts ago. As far as my running went…. I met NONE of those resolutions. I did get my run on in a strong way (20 miles/wk), but I didn’t run a race or change up my routes. By the time I’m able to get running, I don’t have time to change and get in my car to find a pretty locale. Plus the cops make it hard for me.. I’m either solicitating or planning to rob folks. I have my music and my headphones and I’m out. I suppose the best way to make resolutions is to see what didn’t work in the past…

I tried to garden… half fail. A lot of the things I planted never came up. I’m going to switch gears and do most of my planting in containers. This GA red clay is no joke and takes too much to overcome. I got a few cucumbers, 2 jalapeños, and 4 black eyed peas. I got some leggy tomato plants with 1 little tomato. I bought these uber expensive organic seeds that didn’t even try to germinate. Yeah….. This year is gonna be different… and ghetto.

I make the resolution to clean up my diet every year. That would be easy if I was only cooking for myself. But the 7 requires so much food… that he can’t cook…. I always end up giving in to the temptation. That box macaroni and cheese is damn tasty! But now I see myself aging. If I see it… then it must be worse than I think. I feel strongly compelled to reclaim some semblance of vitality. Also I gained 20lbs quickly and unexpectedly. So…. I started a “jumpstart” diet. The Special K diet plan. It beats the hell out of Slimfast because you get to chew and I’m lactose intolerant. When I finish that on 1/15/2013 I will move on to clean eating. More on that when the time comes. Starting 2/27/2013 I will do my annual fast leading in to the Asiatic New Year. And then after that… Raw Foods until Samhain. Then clean foods until the next time to fast. And so on.

I have come realize that I’m not ever going to write food down. I find that not easy and aggravating. There have been times I didn’t eat because I didn’t feel like writing it down. I need to have an eating lifestyle rather than a diet where I have to pay attention to everything. I need to be a clean eater, a raw foodist, a macrobiotic, something. I can’t and won’t do all that writing.

I bought some resistance bands in lieu of weights. I don’t have room for weights. Maybe in our next house, but not this current one. So resistance bands it is. I realize that I cannot lose weight running (or just cardio) and being a pescatarian alone. Plus, I fear I am beginning “The Change….” So I’m a see if this weight resistance thing actually works. I’m a be perfectly honest… I’ve never tried weight training before so this should be interesting. My weight loss goal is a loose size 14. I’m currently a tight sized 18. Sounds like no big deal, but I’m short and that’s a lot of work to do.

A final resolution is to be a better blogger. We’ll see….


Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue