Could it be true????

Peace y’all. I’m still here and I’m still running. It really doesn’t seem important enough to blog about anymore. I have been consistently running for 3+ months now so the newness of it is gone. I still love it… or I love it when I’m done. My general routine is about 7+ mile on the weekend and 4 miles during the week. I do a long run (4+ miles) on either Friday or Sunday and 3 miles the other day. On Mondays and Wednesdays I run 2 miles. And on Saturday, I run lightly with a friend who is trying to get up to 5k status for company and encouragement. I kind of cross train with 1 hour yoga, 1 day. I have a mountain bike. I’m thinking of getting on that. Maybe… maybe not. I have decided to table my 5K plans for now. I’m just not ready. I’m not really running at the speed I want to finish a 5K with. I don’t mind being one of the last people to cross the finish line; I just don’t want to be dead last. That honor has to go to someone, and I want that someone to be somebody else. I haven’t lost any weight. But all my clothes are loose. Bitch assed scale….. I noticed that some days I am super energized and my runs are amazing; other days they are shit. It is like everything in life. Hills are still kicking my ass, but I keep hitting them. The one thing I do need to do is vary my routes some. I’m really bored with what I have been seeing. It’s good for timing my runs and it’s good that it’s in my neighborhood, but part of the fun is seeing new sites and I’m not seeing anything new. I need some more running friends. Any running friends. But either I will have to drop to their level or rise to it. I won’t run in the rain. At my age the weather seeps into my bones and ache me. I’m not going put me in it. Atlanta tends to have very aggressive rain. It’s not like soft lite drifty rain. Its sheets and pellets. And fuck you if you think I’m soft. I don’t care. I’m over the clothes. I’m over the soreness. I'm over the time. i'm over whether to eat. I’m over most everything. I think I’m a runner? Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue