Renewing My Koran

Peace! I know it’s been a while. But I discovered Tumblr.com! Y’all can find me here: http://www.tumblr.com/blog/renewingmykoran that being said. I still need to keep y’all updated or end this blog. It’s not really fair to keep a blog open if your not going to update it. I have another blog that I am going to coalesce into this one… Righteous Urban Crunch. No need to have that one when it’s essentially the same as this one. So what’s new with me? I have started to run! I am not calling myself a runner until I complete my 1st race. I used to run track in high school. I only did it because I wanted to letter and my brother (a former football player) said I never would. I wasn’t very good at it but I stuck with it for 1 season. AND I LETTERED! I attempted cross country in the next season but I didn’t continue. There were plenty of reasons…. (a) I got a job, (b) I already had a letter, but most importantly… (c) I don’t like hills! But I did like running. And from time to time I would run. Now that I am obese, running is harder and I attempted it less. But I have always remembered that feeling of being free with the wind whipping all over my body…. My mother is in such ill health. Unlike her, I recognize the whys and hows of why she is in such ill health. I now have her body. You know, the body I said I would never get. And it must stop!!!! I have begun a new eating regime that I am prepared to be on until I die. And I have added running to it. I have been running consistently for a month now. I don’t do well without direction. Everything I do has to have a purpose. I have never been comfortable just riding my bike with no destination. I have to be moving towards something or I won’t do it. Running is the same way. I can’t run for the hell of it. That is why I am pushing for a 5K. And apparently they happen very frequently. Right now, I am up to running, not walking 2 miles. But not all at the same time. But I’m doing better than day 1. I run 2 days a week, but this very week I’m upping that to 3 day and then, eventually 4 days. On the off days, I think I should do something. I’m thinking one of my P90x workouts to get me strong and toned…. BUT…. Intuitively I think I need to do something restorative like yoga. I can’t seem to choose. When I did P90x, I lost only 8lbs in 90 days. I couldn’t see any other results and I was dieting the whole time. So far, I have lost 8lbs in a month… little by little, by little….. I’m not sure which direction to take…. All right. That’s my update. More to come…. Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue