I am not a Runner....

Peace. I am not a runner. This morning I woke up at the crack of snot to put 2.5 miles on the log. I only put 2. I got up, went out and did one of the worst runs in my recent Koran. I just don’t get it. I am supposed to be getting better, not worse. One I can say about my alternative route is there are many hills. My regular route is all flat and includes a high school track. Yes I have to run under the interstate, but there are no damn hills. I ran the alternative before and it seems like I should have known that. Oh well. Also, I went out in the dark with my reflector jacket on and I was SCARED. Y’all don’t know this, but I live in the hood. Not that I have a problem with my living situation. But I don’t necessarily feel like just chilling outside in the dead of night. Precise isn’t going to run with me so I have to do this thing on my own. If I wait until the circumstances are perfect, then I will only log miles in 2 days a week. I will never be ready for a race because I will be reinventing the wheel over and over again. I need to get in at LEAST 3 days if not 5 to get my speed and endurance up. But there are lights and the entire street is illuminated by them so I don’t feel like I will get hit because no one saw me. The dogs concern me though. I think next time I will go out with a golf club. Anywho…. I ran and had to keep stopping up the hills…. And mind you, these hills are more inclines. They aren’t steep at all. I’m just a slug. I ran slowly and I ran fast, I ran harder then softer. I kept trying to work on my pace. I just couldn’t find the sweet spot. And I have run this routine before; sweet spot intact. I don’t know what happened this morning. I could only go 1.75 miles before my shakylegs gave out underneath me. I’m glad it was dark so that no one could witness my failure. I limped home One of my legs is ever so slightly shorter than the other. I managed to run in high school. That is until we got checked by the school doctor. Then my mother being so slow about doing things when it came to me, would tarry about seeing that I got seen by the doctor. I managed to run a whole season before I got kicked off the team. I still lettered. That long leg was getting at me this morning. Telling all my business on the side of the road. Maybe it’s because of hormones??? I’m expecting company Friday. Last month’s runs at the same time were strong. Real strong. Maybe it was because I did a 60 minute yoga session last night. Maybe I didn’t have enough time to come down. So now I have to find an am yoga class???? I don’t think that’s possible at 5 am. I neglected to mention that I decided to run 3 days and in between do yoga to pull the tightness out. I know there is conflicting information about whether that is cool, but I love them both so they have to work in/on my body synergistically. Yesterday at yoga I was sooooooooooo dizzy. I broke into a sweat and almost fell over a few times. No more yoga on a fast day. And since I’m not changing the fast day from Tuesday, I will have to change the rest day from Monday to Tuesday. Let’s see how that goes. I am not a runner. But I will be! Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue