Day 5: DETOX!!!!!



Day 5

The Power Day! If you say so...

The word is detox. So far I’m feeling really blah for this fast. I don’t know if that is because of detox or what. I must say that my hunger has decreased; but it hasn’t completely left me. The first 2 days were bad. Also… I experienced a level of detox on Friday that I had never experienced before. I have never been moved to vomit before. And I was and I did! It was crazy!!!! Of course since that was a completely new and unexpected effect I had to Google it hard. And what I found was that it was severe detox. Now I know I haven’t fasted in about 4 years, but even the first time I fasted I didn’t have that violent a reaction. It was really not a good look. I have been followed by a low grade of nausea that I’m not really cool with. And I have been really tired. So much in fact, that I have been sleeping a lot. Must I must need it so I’m going with it. I have been having some abdominal cramping and sharp stabbing pains since day 2. I don’t know what that is about yet. Also my breath is bad according to the 7. That was fast. But my tongue is not yet coated. My skin is super dry. It actually looks like old woman skin. And I have had some serious body aches. This fast is completely confusing me thus far.

Have I exercised? No. Have I dry brushed? No. Have is cleaned my nose? No. Have I salt water cleansed? Not yet. But I have the stuff with me to do it. I am afraid to salt water cleanse. Those cramps the chest pains… and the thought of having loose booty at work is so not a good look. I suppose I can wait until I get home. Now that I think about it, I will. I want to SWF every Friday. But this 1st Friday seemed too close to the beginning of the fast to really do what I want it to do. Yes I want to evacuate my digestive tract. But I want the walls cleansed and debrided too. It just wasn’t ready to go on Friday.

I have oiled internally and externally. I have been taking the garlic. But that causes the cramps and a strange and strong headache. I have been drinking water too. The goal is a gallon of fluid per day. I’m going to start the barley water this evening to flush my kidneys. And I plan to do a liver flush at the end of the fast. I haven’t done one of those in a while either.

Right now I am in a fog. I feel like I have taken a bunch of cold medication. One good thing is I have noticed that I am not bloated anymore. What’s that about? And I have decided to supplement with protein. I know I said I was going off soy, but I couldn’t find protein powder without soy as an ingredient. So that will be in the mix of things. I don’t want to lose muscle mass.

I have tried to not go hog wild with fruit smoothies/juices. I am being way more careful about my juice composition than I remember being in fasts past. My morning smoothies have consisted of mostly vegetables (carrots, beets, kale, celery, etc) and the afternoon is a fruit combo. Dinner is hot tomato juice. And lots of water and teas in between. Teas like, raspberry leaf, dong quai, roobios and green tea. I can feel the juices affecting me. I feel jittery after the fresh veggie or fruit juice. Not so much after the store bought stuff. I live in this world and I don’t have the luxury of ONLY ingesting fresh juice. But I take in as much as possible.

I have been cold. Georgia is playing dirty with me this year. Before the fast the temperature was high 60’s and low 70’s. Now it’s the 50’s and high 30’s and wet. So you know I’m cold. I guess the anemia this isn’t healed yet. I know I have to cleanse before I heal and I am still in the cleansing phase.

I’m not sure how the 7 feels about me putting his business on front street, but I will a bit. My Baby just cannot cook. He can heat up. And he has learned to make spaghetti noodles and rice since we have been together. I blame the previous women in his life for spoiling him. But he is an old God so I suppose I have to keep up the mishigas…. I don’t want to be tempted to eat food while cooking for him. So, when I’m good and nauseated, I cook big meals for him. That way I’m not tempted to taste anything and the smell turns my stomach. I made him a heavy lasagna and tofu/chick pea etouffee. All he has to do is make rice when he eats the etouffee. I will make him some black beans too. Since I am responsible for his meals I need to be mindful of making him some more vegetables. I can’t remember when last I made some for him, though last night I got him some cheesy broccoli rice. I suppose I could make him some juice to supplement him. That’s a thought….

So that is my update. I doubt I will update every day. Maybe when something significant happens. It’s only a 3 week fast, it will go quick if I stay busy. And that is so possible. The new place is not completely put together yet. I suppose that can distract me when I’m not sleeping. Anywho….


Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue