Day 20: Done After Tomorrow!

Happy Asiatic New Year!!!!!

2 days away from the end of my fast and I’m hungry and pre-menstrual and hungry, and angry and hungry. The only reason I’m going to continue to fast is because I have made it this far. No other reason. I am hungry damnit!

I have been maintaining. Doing everything I said I was going to do. The detox has long since subsided and I am not physically hungry. I am mentally hungry. Meaning I have no hunger pangs or discomfort. But when I see food I want it, I’m still obsessed with food and I find it difficult to be around actual food. It has been longer than 2 years since I last fasted and since that time the God has moved in. When I was single and living alone, it was easy to remove all temptation from the house, but now….. I find it VERY difficult to abstain from food. Especially when the God can’t cook, and I have to cook his meals. I have been managing by mass cooking on the weekend. It’s hard to cook food that I would normally eat and not taste it. But that is what I have been doing. I have been successful, but it’s getting hard. I am having a party on Saturday that I have to cook for. That will be hard too since I plan on cooking all week.

I plan to break my fast on Thursday at Whole Paycheck I mean Whole Foods. I’m going all out too on that expensive hot and cold bar. I’m also planning a liver flush for the weekend. One should always end a drastic eating regime (LOL for people that get that joke!) with a Liver Flush. Your gall bladder’s responsibility is to make bile to dissolve fatty foods that you ingest. If you aren’t ingesting fatty foods (or any foods), then the bile sits there and can back up in the gall bladder and liver. So I will get started on that come Thursday evening. I plan to stay close to the house on Friday in preparation for the party.

Now that I am almost done with my fast, I need to make some decisions about what is my next plan. In my holistic fantasy world, I would like to begin eating 100% raw. But the me of reality knows that is difficult. It was hard to maintain when the God first came to live in GA and I know it will be hard now. And he isn’t going to eat raw. I was also flirting with doing the T.H.E.M. thing of eating once a day. But I was going to save that for Ramadan (7/20/2012). So I think I’m going to blend up a protocol. I will continue to do a smoothie/juice in the morning and eat my largest, though sensible meal at midday. Then eat a salad at dinner if I want it. That way I will be eating raw at least 2 meals and I’m certain that lunch will have a raw component. And just 2 meals/day on the weekend. I have lost enough weight in these last few weeks that it has become noticeable to myself and others. I want to keep it off.

Another piece of plan is to really begin and maintain an exercise regimen. I wasn’t aggressive about exercising, because I was experience such bad detox, I needed to go easy on myself. So I will resume the exercise, probably walking. We moved and I no longer have the room to Zumba. Plus Zumba made my blood pressure go up. I’m Black. I don’t need that. I will also keep up with my water intake. I had a skinny coworker once claim the reason she was skinny was because she drank a lot of water. Though she ate like a Viking. Now everyone knows water is good for you, so that’s hard to argue against. I don’t think that everybody needs the same amount of water. But I’ll give this theory a shot for 3 months. 90 days is more than enough time.

That’s it for me!



Peace!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue