RTR 2011

Peace.

I’m finishing up P90x this week, so I have become introspective. Also, it’s Mater Allah Why? And that too has me thinking. It’s time for my annual cleanse.

RTR is in May…. And I should have really seen it coming…. But I didn’t. So I’m late. The God made a decision and didn’t even bother to tell me what he was considering until after he decided. I know it’s not required to raise the rod in May, or even for women to raise it at all. But I like to get my cleanse on. And my body is screaming for it. Currently my skin is riddles with eczema (maybe leprosy…. j/k), I’m feeling really stupid and I’m just getting over the flu. I have no business feeling like this. I am a healthy person!

So normally the ‘go to’ thing is 100% raw!!!! But not this time. I just have to admit that I’, not perfect and that’s 100% is really hard for me to maintain. I know it’s good for me, but I just don’t want to. I’m busy. I have God 100% of the time and he requires my attention and effort. Also choices I make for myself need to be in line with what he’s doing. It’s just not me anymore, it’s WE.

But Raw works! So my plan for this May is to “Clean Eating.” Meaning “if it’s white, it ain’t right.” And that will include a lot of raw foods though not all. Fasting always puts things back in order for me. And there might be weekends of the Master Cleanse. But it will be a while before I do the extreme fasting that I’m used to. Even though I’m old as hell, the God and I are still trying to procreate. I don’t want to shock my body too much. I don’t know what that type of activity will do to my fertility. Although my so-called fertility could use a boost. And I can’t tell beforehand if I’m already pregnant. So I’m taking it light.

I’m going to lay off certain beverages. Kool-Aid, diet sodas store bought juices… But keep the teas, home juices, coffee and water. I will stay away from pre-packaged foods opting for whole foods. I will stay away from enriched and/or bleached foods (i.e. rice, bread, pastas, etc) and concentrate on eating like I was living at the turn of the last century.

This also means I’m going to back up on dairy too. I will miss it. I really love cheese and have never found a good replacement. Every place I have ever read says that eczema is irritated by dairy consumption. I don’t do milk, but I will do the hell out of cheese and butter. So for the next month, I’m squashing that.

Another thing I’m implementing is a.m. green smoothies. That will increase my fruit and veggie intake and give me a boost of fruit sugar in the morning. I have just gotten in the habit of eating breakfast. I’m going to continue on with that. Will I eat cooked foods? Absolutely! But the cooked food will be from scratch.

Stay tuned and let’s see what develops!



Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue