Brought It!

Peace.


As of tomorrow, I will be done with P90x! I would have been done last week on May 2nd, but I got the flu. I did try to work out through my illness but I threw up every time I tried. So…. I don’t think I’m going to do this again. And let me tell you why….

First… It’s hard to stay committed for 90 days. I was gung ho for 60 day sand really resented the last 90. That’s no way to workout. I started to get sloppy and play with the workouts.

Second… Most of the workouts were very long; ranging from 76-90 minutes. I don’t work in the fitness industry. In order to complete the workouts I have to wake up between 4-4:30 am. Now I may sound like I’m whining, and I probably am, but anything before 5 is too much for me. I still have to work a 9 hour day, come home, do housework and feed my family. With a 4 am wake up call, I am dead asleep at 9pm (sometimes before) and my honey bunny takes the loss. I need something that is shorter and can be done either in the morning or the evening.

Third… I don’t think P90x is truly for women. In the strength category, there are 4 upper body workouts to 1 lower body. You do that lower one once a week and it comes with arms. That’s kind of crazy. I suppose most men want to be diesel like that, but I don’t.

One thing I noticed about P90x that was different from last year’s RTR was that I lost more inches with the RTR than with P90x. With P90x I pushed my weight lifting limit, push-up and chin-up numbers. I was really watching my diet and caloric intake too and didn’t see super fabulous results. I’m not saying I didn’t see results. I did. And those results would have been cool if last years results were similar. Last year I did 30 minutes of yoga, walked 2 miles and worked really light weights. Everyone in my cipher was awed with how much weight I lost and I wasn’t crazy tired and super sore like I was with P90x. I had energy! I have a dress that I made at the end of RTR last year that I can just barely get into now, but I look like a sausage. But last year I looked good in it.

I don’t want to say I didn’t lose weight. I lost 5 lbs and a good amount of inches. Last year when I stopped fasting the weight and the inches came back quickly and I was at my normal weight. In about 2 months and I continued the walking until my car got towed. Long Story….

I’m not saying that P90x is not a good workout plan. It is. I just don’t think it is optimal for me… at this point. I am now real clear what I need. And I suppose I wasn’t going to get as clear until I did it. I realize that my goals are flat stomach- not a 6-pack, high tight booty, toned thighs so my butt looks bigger. I don’t want to look hard and chiseled.

So what’s next? Zumba! That is an all cardio 8 week program. The workouts are only 40 minutes long. I’m going to give that a shot with 60-755% raw diet and see what happens.

I have been reading a lot of articles that says weight loss is 80% diet. And raw food has shown and proven to allow me to decrease while not robbing me of energy and allowing me to appear radiant. I’d be a fool not to follow a plan that I know works right?

I don’t think it takes all that for me to get fit. I am now shooting for maximum weight loss now and I’ll tone at the end.


Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue