See What had Happened Was....

There is a difference between eating my regular vegetarian food and eating more of a whole food diet. I have been incorporating more raw food in my routine. I have been making green smoothies for breakfast and having salads for lunch. I have not been completely raw, because I might eat dinner and I definitely eat a cooked mid meal of oatmeal and a boiled egg between breakfast and lunch. So I have been eating about 60% raw for the last 2 weeks.

Let me tell you what I have noticed.... The more I eat closer to nature, the less I want to eat over all. That's interesting. I have read that pesticides and additives like high fructose corn syrup will shut off the mechanism that tells you when your full. And I think there is something to that. Eating the sattvic food is better for me. Who knew?

I've not noticed the detox that I had during RTR. I have had some odd feelings in my belly, gas and nausea. But I'm not sure if it's detox. It might be. It doesn't hurt like other detoxes have so I'm hesitant to give it said title. And I'm going in slow. I'm not forcing a bunch of changes. Last week I didn't increase my water intake. I saved that for this week. Also, according to my constitutional dosha, I'm water and Earth... So I don't think I need as much as other doshas. So I'm not going to force it down. 1 glass with meals and lemon water in the am. I'm striving to add exercise somewhere. I'm off the bus and it's cold. I'm nt walkig.

I have been true to my 2010 resolution of not getting on the scale and embracing my weight. I think it has been mentally healthy for me. I have not been obsessive about my weight. I'm thinking that might be permanent.

I don't know where I'm going with this. I have been suffering fro heartburn lately and this was my solution. thre heartburn is still there, but not when I'm laying down.



Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue