Challenge Me

Peace

I have noticed that while doing a challenge.... like the Raise the Rod challenge I did in May.... I always feel all strong, empowered and capable during and after. And when I allow myself to go back to my regular pattern, I always slip right back into my normal routines which puts me back in the same situation as I was before said challenge. I feel like a slug. Hmmmmm..... Does this mean I am learning nothing?

Well, I am learning. But apparently I'm not learning to make a life long change. That small revelation will help in the future. I am sure there will be more challenges and situations that I can use the past information to draw on and become a better Serenity.

I learned that I could lose weight while 100% without trying super hard. I also learned that I'm not the hungry type when I'm eating well (i.e. low on the processed food spectrum). Also, I sleep better, my skin looks better and I have energy. So clearly raw helps. BUT.... 100% raw makes me ditzy and keeps me cold. Also raw food is notoriously hard to plan for. And now a days it's expensive. So I need to find some balance there.

Dinacharya is wonderful, but should something occur, where I fall off of it for even 1 instance, it's like pulling teeth to get back on board. I can't tell you the last time I dry brushed!

The no shopping challenge allowed me to reconnect with my sewing machine. I am glad to say that we are in a committed relationship and I turn to Kenny (Kenmore machine) before I would turn to the mall. I am satisfied with that result because it's lasting, it gives me a feeling of accomplishment and I am recognizing my goal of a smaller but totally self made/designed wardrobe.

Some challenges just didn't work. The Wiccan challenge was too much. I couldn't take the white people and they couldn't take me. The 5 Tibetans made me so nauseated that I threw up every time I performed them and had to lay down for at least a 1/2 hour. Not a good look if I have to go to work. And I didn't see what they were doing for me.

So some stuff works, some doesn't. Maybe I need to superimpose my challenges so that I never run out of one. Because once I get off, it takes an act of the mystery god to get back on.

But for now, I'm taking the best part.



Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue