Six Sextillion Tons

Every year I say that I should lose weight. I put in the work until the scale stops moving. Once that happens I'm back to my old ways. Which really aren't all that bad with the exception of I really prefer snacks over meals, and i like ramen noodles a little too much. Well this year is going to be different. This year I'm not going to make those promises. This year, the only weight-related promise I am going to make is that I am going to fast from diets.

The inspiration comes from the shopping fast I went on starting September of 2008. I never thought that I could refrain from shopping for a year but I did. (Come to think of it, that's when my skin problems started a fresh. Hmmmmm...)I learned a lot about Serenity and why I obsessively shopped like I did. I really punish myself behind my weight and always always feel mad guilty. Doing something about it is easier said than done. I don't eat a lot. I fast a lot. I don't exercise and I am almost 100% vegan. I really don't get why I weigh this much. It simply cannot all be attributed to my lack of exercise since I do have a life. I don't lay in bed day in day out. I get up and walk a lot throughout the course of my days.

But still in all, here is how it's gonna go down for the rest of 2010... I will continue to eat how I always eat. And for 1 year, my weight will not be in the forefront of my mind. Check with me in 2011 and see how I did. See if there any insights to come. Do Not think this is easy or a cop out for me. Worrying about my weight has been a part time job for me; almost like caring for a toddler. I believe it is going to take a paradigm shift for me to look at food like its not the enemy.


Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue