Right and Tight

I just tightened uup my hair so nice I feel compelled to share!

Me and my locs go through it. My biggest complaints with my locs is that they take too long to hold down at the root. I know that the hair at the root will never be completely locked but it needn't look like a loc attached to an afro-let. Another complaint I have is that my locs seemed to be thinning at the root. I did some research online an found that I may be tightening them too frequently. I was doing it every 2 weeks. Now I tighten every 2 months. That seems to be working because the loc stopped being thin... AND I haven't lost one yet, although two of them joined when I didn't want them to.

My routine for tighening locs is to use LottaBody. Its a setting lotion. A kick ass setting lotion that I used to use when I was permed. And it held TIGHT. OK.... I wash and condition my hair (I always wash when tightening, no poo when washing without tightening) with whatever is cheap or whatever is on hand. I know I should be more 'bout it when it comes to hair products but one of the reasons I went natural is because I resented the grip I paid to get it done. I'm not going to spend the same money on 'product'. After washing, I usually allow my hair to dry some then spray the roots wth the LottaBody and tighten securing them with clips. And it works. Takes forever for it to dry but it works. I have been doing this routine for over a year now.

This morning I washed and allowed it to dry a usual. But I didn't have enough setting lotion to do my whole head. Damn! Okay... I looked over the bathroom counter to see if there was anything I could use. I found some old hard set gel. I actually used this gel a few times when I first loced. Back then I was sitting under the dryer. BTW... I hate dryers. Dryers are evil. So I sprayed a little and gelled a little. Banana clipped like normal and allowed it to dry. I had to step out and run some errands so I put on a skull cap over my hair. I expected to unclip my hair tomorrow right before leaving the house to go to the rally because that's how long it normally takes to dry. Usually 24 hours. But it's dry now. 6 hours later!!!!! and it's raining outside.

This is my new routine y'all!!!!



Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue