Milk-Out Update

This is just a mild update….

My milk cessation is moving right along…. Literally. When I remove something from my diet, my body always makes an adjustment. Removing milk is no different. Which was a little weird since I didn’t think that I ingested that much milk/cheese/butter? Well maybe I did, but I have had a bit of withdrawal…

(1) I have the bubble guts! Y’all know what that is without me having to explain it.

(2) This is interesting… My iron levels seem to be staying up with out my added attention. Hmmmm…..? Could milk be playing a role in my chronic iron deficient anemia? My anemia has been so bad in the past that I had to postpone emergency surgery because it would have required 3 transfusions.

(3) The last thing I have noticed, which is not really surprising to probably anyone but me, is that I'm reading labels regularly and asking the question, "Is this vegan?". There is milk hidden in all kinds of food. Candy, chips, salad dressing… All the stuff that I like.

I ain’t happy. But if this is good for my body and will allow me to live a long, healthy and productive life... Without needing medication... I’m down.


Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue