Now I get it

I did a baaaaad thing, y’all. Let me ‘splain.

Yesterday I was distracted. My only vehicle has given up the ghost and moved to that big ole dealership in the sky…. It happened rather suddenly and that was where most of my focus was yesterday. So I wasn’t really paying attention to what I was putting in my mouth. I had homemade almond milk for breakfast with some strawberries blended in (I believe I’m becoming allergic to strawberries) for lunch I ate a bag of organic microwave popcorn. And for dinner I went to Whole Paycheck, I mean Whole Foods and meant to get a salad, but walked around eating free ravioli and cheese. Then I settled in with some fresh baby mozzarella, olives and some chicken fried tofu and rice crackers. None of which was cooked. I even had the unmitigated gall to wash it all down with a soda. Damn.

I don’t feel good. My head hurts, I feel foggy, nauseated, bloated, gassy and my throat feel like it wants to close. My stomach doesn’t feel right either. I’m just over all, not comfortable. I have got back on the raw foot all day today. I’m shunning cooked food and drinking nothing but water. I should do a cleansing tea, but…. No. I don’t like those. But with all that ickiness, I still have my clarity. Good deal.

I had written a blog on Sunday ranting about how I didn’t feel any changes since switching over to raw. I was complaining that I was all unaffected. My home computer kept losing a signal when I tried to post it. Now I see why. I didn’t want to be a party to the foolishness. Since I had been fasting prior to becoming raw I was removed from a lot of the symptoms and I can see why I didn’t feel anything.

It may be silly to try to bring myself back to normal. I’m having company this weekend and they are gonna expect cooked food. Hell, I’m a start cooking food to-night! I was planning to eat cooked with him. But this little experience has shown me the difference between eating mindfully and un-mindfully. It also has me crystal clear that raw food is really a very healthy eating regimen. Especially if cooked food can make you feel this bad. I have gone long stretches without eating raw food and never once felt bad after eating a meal with nothing but a salad. There is something to this.

Another thing about yesterday… In addition cleaning up my diet I have been trying to clean up my wardrobe. Health is not just attributed to things you take into the body but all that is with in your cipher. So I have been cleaning up my practices, toilette, and apparel. I no longer use soap made with lard and/or tallow. Why isn’t cool to ingest animal products but it’s cool to bathe in it? Now cipher. I am…. slowly …. removing all clothing made with synthetic materials. I am on a ‘challenge’ to not purchase new clothing for 1 year starting September 2008. I’m more than ½ ways through it. But I’ll blog on that later. So the acquisition of new synthetic clothing has been squashed. When I choose to go back to purchasing new items of clothing, they will not be synthetic. But the clothes that I already own that are made from fake fibers, I have been slowly donating.

Yesterday I had on all synthetic fibers. ALL. None of my skin could breathe. And it knew it too. I was completely uncomfortable all day. And where the skin was touching the fabric, was all red and inflamed. And I’m dark. I guess that is my skin’s way of telling me I need to step up my game and really purge my wardrobe.

I had a friend who used to refer to me as a “Peace Peace” chick in lieu of a “Granola Chick.” He said it was because granola chicks bring to mind the image of a white woman. SMH. I’m getting further and further outside the box.

I wonder when I’ll be finished making improvements.



Peace.

Comments

Precise said…
You should never finish making improvements. You should be adding on until you no longer can. ;-)

Peace

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue