Get on the Good Foot


It has been a minute since I blogged….. Life has been happening. Yeesh! But I hate blogs that don’t update regularly. And I refuse to be one of those non-updating individuals. Sooooo….. I wanted to update y’all on my raw food progress.

I had company at the very beginning of April. My company was not a vegetarian, but was willing to give vegetarianism a shot. But I was raw vegan up to that point, not vegetarian. He adjusted his diet and so did I. Woooooow. Big difference. I have heard people talk about switching up and getting sick, but never have I personally experienced the reaction. It ain’t no joke. And it definitely will make me rethink switching diets all willy nilly.

Before I was eating true raw meals, using all my toys. The new dehydrator (Did I tell you about my new Excalibur? A future post.), the juicer, the food processor and blender. But lately, I have been just using my hands. Salads and plain fruit. I have been eating just one meal a day. I know I said that I wanted to get back to the Elijah Muhammad, “How to Eat to Live” program, but I didn’t want to do it this way. Gotta be careful what you ask for. I have been stressed out these days. And I know that stressing is useless but I haven’t been able to shake it. It has robbed me of energy and of my appetite. So that’s why I have been able to go back raw and eat once a day. Ain’t want it like this, though.

I have gotten back on the good foot. I am predominantly raw now a days. I’d say about 85%. If I do eat something cooked its something small like popcorn or a slice of cake (which reeks havoc on my system). It’s funny how when you go back to old habits, you go back to all of them. I sipped some alcohol when I had company, now I find myself sipping, though not fully imbibing, more and more. I have been drinking caffeinated coffee too. All of this must stop. I can see and feel the difference in my mind and body. The clarity is going in and out too. I am slowly coming back to my ownself. And it only took a little to get me off track. I have to remember that it doesn’t take much to get lost, but the effort to get back is far more difficult.


Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue