So It Begins.....

I’m not going to blog every single day of this fast. If I do 4 times that will be a lot. I decided to blog on this day (Day 2) because it will be Day 7 before I can get back to the keyboard. Fasting is not new for me so I really have lost the excitable insight that a newer faster has. I will say that yesterday was DAY 1 (make it sound big and spooky) and it, for the most part, was uneventful. My body has not really come to terms with the fact that it is about to detox. I had some off dizziness and quick periods of voracious hunger, but that’s it. I really don’t eat all that much, maybe 1 meal per day at lunch and a mid morning snack. I drink a lot of beverages and will get busy with some chocolate or chips. I had a lot more energy than I have had lately. Though I’m still waiting on my vitality to return. I have no idea when I lost that; but it is gone.

Yesterday I had a green smoothie with banana, strawberries, blueberries, canteloupe, and filtered water for breakfast. Just water and tea the rest of the day and for dinner I had orange juice and a banana. This morning I had orange juice, mango, and a banana. I bought some V8 to heat up for lunch (it's damp today) and some Plumsmart. It is suppose dto have probiotics and fiber without high fructose corn syrup. I checked the ingredients... Seems ok. We shall see. I have a book on smoothie/juice combinations. I am going to use this fast not just for detox, but to encourage some other things in my health. I have never questioned my fertility, but I am 38 with no children. Not that I was trying before; but I am now. Plus a LOT of my friends are beginning to change. I ain't trying to have it. And I'm staying away from those chicks. If women can draw each other's cycles, then them chicks can pull me into menopause with them. And I ain't ready.

One of my coworkers (the nice one) is concerned about me. That is funny to me. I’ll take the best part where I can get it. Last year I over did the fasting. I wanted to see how far I could push my body. I hear of people who do 90 day fasts. I got to day 45 and passed out. Not at work, at home, in the yard. That was funny too…. Now. She knows that I have been dieting and she is worried that I am pushing my body too hard. I can see where her head and heart is. And I thanked her for her concern.

I’m not tripping about the hunger thing. That will disappear in a few days. As will any headaches. What concerns me is the detox. I’m already dealing with some skin issues. Detox can happen through the skin. It is my hope that my eczema will clear itself up by the end of the fast. All the other stuff I can handle. Dizziness will go away with well timed juice meals. I have reduced the amount of coffee I drink. I don’t think coffee is bad for you in moderation, but I kind of want to go into the rawness as raw as possible and coffee is cooked. Staying hydrated will aid in some weight loss, headaches and keep the bad breath back. And I really want to step up my yoga. In the last few years, I have really fallen off the yoga bandwagon bigtime. It has gotten to the point where it’s hard for me to pick it back up. I had company this past week and almost dislocated my knee. That has never happened before. And it was embarrassing. I recognize that I cannot expect my body to be the same at 38 as it was at 28, but still. So I definitely have some goals on the other end of this fast.

On a sweeter note... My God bought me a Jack Lalane juicer! He was here for a visit and I made him some apple cider on my old juicer. Now there is nothing wrong with my juicer, parse. It juices. But it takes a lot of fruits/vegetables to make juice. And he witnessed me throwing away large amounts of pulp. My logic says, if you have an appliance that works you don’t buy another one until the previous one has given up the ghost. He said, you’re wasting too much food. Six in one hand half a dozen in the other. So I let him. It’s real hard for me to accept stuff from folks (especially men) unless it’s a gift giving holiday. So I think that I am opening up to growth an development. I have to replace the food processor before he realizes that it’s loud and jacked up too. It is closer to death than the juicer but it’s still running. Sort of.


Peace

Comments

Precise said…
Wow, your man bought you a Jack Lalane juicer? What next? Silk suits, blue diamonds and Gucci handbags? Pretty soon he'll be buying you things you can't even pronounce.......

You sure this guy ain't a pimp?

Yeah I know, you're not speaking to me. :-P

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue