Yet Again....

Peace,

New Year, new me and all that bullshit! So I made a few resolutions.... Yoga... Meditation.... Water.... And as always lose weight.

The yoga is going slow. For some reason, it makes me dizzy if I jump right in. Plus I want to make this a lifelong thing and not just a temporary change. I've been promised long life from 3 different entities. I'm in no rush. So I'm starting with developing a regular/daily practice of sun and moon salutations.

The diet.... yeesh! I have come to the conclusion that not all diets work for all people. Last year I determined to lose 20 lbs/year until I'm 50. I lost it, but did't maintain it. Oh well. Lessons learned. This has caused me to look back on past diets to see what was successful. I had real success on 2 diets. Weightwatchers and Cyber trim. Both plans have changed. But I'm not about that weigh in meeting life. Maybe later. I've decided to do the carb cycling that the cyber trim offered. I lost weight on that and fast! And it stayed off for a while at least. The reason I've chosen it is because I fear I've dogged my metabolism. That's probably why diets aren't working for me. I look at my husband and he is losing weight without trying because he is on fire inside.... Literally! My furnace is cold.

Carb loading is alternating between high and low carb days. The high days keep the metabolism going. I will also eat 4-5 times a day. And with metabolism rolling, I should lose weight. And yeah yeah.... I'm still going to the gym. I've been ding that and gained weight anyway. I have a trainer now. I put that in her baileywick. I want to get back to running. I walked a 5k last summer and even though I was going to the gym regularly, it was still a struggle. My fingers and ankles swole up mid race. I have no idea why. I went to the doctor quickly after and they said I'm fine. I wanna get back to basics. I like how I felt after a good run. It was good for stress too. Physical meditation.

Other than trying to be sexy at 50, my 30th high school reunion is this year... Sigh..... I won't go if I'm still obese. I'm not far from overweight.... I was a pretty girl in high school and will need to be again before I see any of them jokers again. I missed all the reunions we have had because I've never been local. Another reason I want to quickly drop some pounds, is because I'm planning a trip at the end of next month. My period is due during said trip. I don't want it then. Losing weight will alter the date my cycle starts. This is how my body works....

So wish me well. It's day one. And I've made some real plans for my first high carb day. It will be epic!


TTFN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue