Day 1-6

Peace!

I made it through the 1st week. The Universe must be on my side because the weather has been super accommodating. I don't like fasting in winter because it lowers my body temperature making me colder than I usually am. Because my fast always leads into spring, I can't avoid fasting through the winter. This year, the weather has taken an upturn to being 10-15* warmer than usual. It's supposed to be 75* today.... Thank You Universe!!!!

I haven't stressed out at all over this fast. I have really been going with the flow. If I don't feel like cooking, I eat salad or fruit. On purpose, my salads have been more veggies than fruit. A lot of complaints people have about this diet is that they don't get enough nutrition or it rots their teeth. No. Not gonna let that happen. This week has not been the expensive drama-cooking filled ordeal that I remember raw foods being in the past. I have actually been downright lazy about food prep. And I haven't been buying any raw food already prepared. I guess it's because I have a repertoire.

So this is what I ate so far....

3/1 no breakfast, fancy lunch salad, nuts
3/2 fruit breakfast, vegan blt, nuts
3/3 no breakfast, not so fancy salad
3/4 2 bananas, 2 apples, nuts
3/5 fruit salad, sun dried tomatoes, marinated mushrooms, olives
3/6 2 bananas, kale salad
3/7 no breakfast, nuts, big kale salad and cream of mushroom soup made in the vitamix

The one thing I wanted to do that I haven't done is begin my spring running. The God and I have a lot on the table at this moment in our lives. We are handling it, but I'm striving not to put extra things on the table... Ain't like I can't start whenever I get ready to. Life has to slow down eventually... right?

How have I been feeling physically.... I have been tired. That's to be expected in the 1st week. I have been detoxing... face and body acne!.... bad breath... coated tongue.... Since I stopped drinking caffeine from coffee, I don't feel fully awake. Ever. I guess this is the new normal. The level of detox is surprising to me. Firstly because I eat, what I consider to be, healthy. If I'm ALREADY eating healthy, why would I detox? Secondly, I just completed a liver flush. That should have prevented the acne, but it didn't. So either liver flushes don't work or my liver is dirtier than I thought. And lastly, I'm not doing all liquids as I normally do. I was not expecting this level of detox while still chewing and swallowing. That's why I planned to eat raw for 90 days instead of liquid fasting for 3 weeks. If I can get the same level of cleansing... why would I ever liquid fast again?

This coming week, I'm going to introduce supplements again. I had been taking fistfuls of supplements previously. But starting in February, I stopped all supplementation in preparation for this fast. I want to see if they make a difference. I'm planning to eat like this for 82 more days so I have time to titrate my results. I'm starting with a woman's multivitamin. I used to take prenatal vitamins, but at my age, I don't think I need that combination of nutrients. I'm not quite old enough for the old lady, over 50 nutrients either. So a plain woman's formula should suffice. I've stopped taking the enzymes. Raw food is not devoid of enzymes. So I shouldn't need them while on this fast. At some point I'm going to add probiotics. Not just yet though.

One good thing is most of my other problems have subsided. I haven' had headaches or dizziness. I know the triggers now and avoid them. My nausea has subsided. (Another reason I stopped the enzymes.) I do get heartburn occasionally, but it comes when I have waited to long to eat. Usually eating or popping just one tums turns off the heartburn like a faucet.

Another symptom I have noticed.... is pain in my lower midsection. It's at times sharp and other times dull, but its always constant. I have fibroids large enough that I can palpate them. And they are big, firm but not super movable. I have noticed the constant low grade pain, for the last few days. I can't say if this has been like this for a long time and I'm just now noticing. I'm not going to the MD about this. I've already had a myomectomy and I know that the next step is a hysterectomy. I'm unwilling to lose my uterus. MDs are unwilling to do any other treatment. So a stalemate we have. Is this something I can live with? Yes. The pain is not unbearable. But it does require consideration. When I get to point where I do start running, I will need to support that area. Don't want Franklin to be in there jiggling all around. Yes I have named it Franklin! I can't lay in certain positions, because the pain will get sharp. And it's difficult to have any pressure on me from above. It makes me nauseous.

Since I've gotten all alternative about my health (doctors did absolutely NOTHING to fix any of my ailments. They aren't even sure what I have! All they did was take my money. So much like preachers....) I have found a holistic treatment for my fibroids. I'm going to elaborate on that more in another build. But for right now... I want to get back to the most optimal health available for me. And I'm not selling myself short by saying the most optimal health available for me... I'm not a 21 year old child. My body doesn't work like that anymore. I accept that. In the 3-phases of womanliness... maid-mother-crone... I am still in the mother phase, but closer to the crone than to the maiden. I'm good with that.

If you want to see the food I'm eating, follow me on Instagram. My username is Serenity Earth.


Peace!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue