Minimal Eating

I really believe (because this is a theory) that the older one gets the less food one needs to eat. There are studies that show people who eat minimally, live longer than people who eat maximally. Ancient medical systems like Ayurveda says that fasting is important because we need to give our digestive track a break. Digestion is the system that uses the most energy.

When you are young your are building a body. But all that growing stops around age 25. Childbearing women (or women who want to bare children) need to eat if they are planning to bare children. If you're not planning to procreate, minimally eat. Minimal eating will cause you to either miss your cycle or cause it to be super light and short. It can function as birth control. All the research points to eating estrogen filled foods is the reason for most of the reproductive issues ladies experience. If we minimally ate then we wouldn't have cycles and all these hormone/pesticide/antibiotic/genetically modified/etc laden food that poison us. But if you are striving to get pregnant, then by all means eat! Takes a lot of energy to grow humans and that energy comes from food. Food is to the body like gasoline to the car. You use more gas when taking a road trip. If you aren't growing other people, then you don't need to eat so much.

The trick is to find the amount of food that one needs to maintain one's lifestyle. If you are a sedentary small person you need less food than a sedentary larger person. And by larger I don't mean obese. If you work a job that requires your to move a lot and exert a lot of energy, then you need to eat more than a person that works seated at a computer all day.

The trick is to find the appropriate amount of food that supports your lifestyle. It may seem like common sense; but I have come to learn that common sense is no longer common.

I would normally test my theory on myself... but at my age, where as minimal eating will work and extend my lifespan, I can't test the having baby thing. I wish I had this revelation when I was 18. Or at least 23

Comments

Flying Mermaid said…
For close to 30 years it's been natural to me to eat only in the afternoon. I'd always worried maybe this was unhealthy, but in more recent years all the talk is of the health benefits gained by "Intermittent Fasting" which means to eat only in a 6-8 hour window, essentially, what I've always done. Look it up and read about it.....

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue