Stop Bitching!

Peace!

Yesterday's Build haunted me. I am not one to bitch with no solution. But I did just that. That had me to do some serious soul searching to flesh out the root of my issues. I started watching testimonials to see if I could revive the spark that I had for this annual activity.

I kept coming back to the question, “Why do I want to do this?” and by this, I mean long term raw food veganism. I've tried before. I've tried every year since 2008. I've only managed to maintain maybe a month at the most 2..... I 1st blamed it on not having enough variety, but I constantly have been purchasing books and dl-ing recipes enough to fill a binder. So variety is not the issue. Another reason was I didn't have all the toys. I currently have all the gear in my kitchen needed to make whatever I want. AND... I have plans to get a vitamix SOON. The last excuse was I didn't want to have to cook 2 meals. Since I have a man who has no intention of going raw I'm going to have to cook for him. But he is supportive of my goals and accepts mass cooking so that doesn't really track. I guess I'm lazy. And I don't do lazy.

I am always striving to be my best self. I make sure I'm dressed well, my appearance is always groomed. I will try any and all external modalities to make myself LOOK good. But I won't do what it takes to make the internal good. I was seriously up last night for 2 hours thinking this out. Being a vegetarian was one of the best decisions I ever made. I feel so much better than I did in my 20's. That's still the case. Could I feel better raw? Cooked food hasn't caused me to lose weight (and that REALLY wasn't the reason I decided to become a vegetarian). I'm not 100% looking for raw food to do that for me... I'd be nice but it's not the goal. The goal is vibrant health... Not just living, but thriving.

Let's review my health....
Vegetarian for 15 years... I get at least 8 hours of sleep every night.... I have hobbies.... I exercise... sometimes.... I read a lot.... I have no chronic illness nor am I on any medication other than excema cream.... I'm not sickly, but I do have aches and pains.... I don't want aches and pains.... I am getting older and I get that aging happens.... I want to age as slowly as possible..... Folks who go raw seem to age slower.

Nutrition.... yeesh. The definition of nutrition is the interaction of food elements with a body. Notice I used the article “a” and not “the”. That is because “the” implies all bodies and “a” implies a specific body. That implies an individual's nutrition requirement should be defined by that individual. All one needs to be concerned about is water intake, protein (for maintaining the tissues of the body), fats (for cell development) and carbs (this is fuel for the body). So how will I know if I'm getting what I need? Especially since I am rejecting the food pyramid and all the other celebrated rules and regulations. Why rejection? I'm not sure that it works for me and it's my responsibility to develop and maintain a lifestyle that works for me. I do know that when I don't eat enough protein I get stupid. So what I will need to do is monitor my protein intake based on my level of stupid. When I feel dumb, eat more protein. Starting with a daily log of what I'm taking in and my reaction to it. It's easy to tell if you are eating enough fats because your skin will tell you. Plus fats come along with protein.

The goal for my juice fast is to detox and start the healing process. I feel strongly that deep detox occurs most efficiently with liquids only. Healing begins after detox.

I'm not going to say “Raw Forever!!!” I am going to say “Raw for March!!!”

I'm starting to get excited......

Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue