ED week 3

Peace.

I didn’t do an update last week on my elimination project, because it was shark week. Shark week has its own set of challenges. But now that it’s over I can honestly say that I think the Elimination Diet is starting to work.

I have noticed that my foot skin is starting to heal. It crusted, now it’s coming off. The coming off isn’t sexy because (a) it itches and (b) its unsightly. But I can see true healing of my feet, ankles and legs. Yay!!!

The flip side… Yes, I’m healing. But it’s not an easy process. I can’t eat what I’m used to eating. So I have been struggling to find alternatives. Precise can eat anything… and does! So there is always food looking me in the face. And I have had to exert quite a bit of will power to not devour the food. Just because I know it’s bad for me, doesn’t mean I still don’t want it. I sooooo do. And it’s not fair to ask him to eat as I am when he doesn’t have the same issues. I don’t’ think he can handle it.

Now shark week…. Ever since I’ve been taking Mg supplements, I have noticed a decrease in PMS symptoms. Just the PMS symptoms. The actuality of shark week still exists. I don’t’ have a lot of the physical discomfort that follows from PMS, but the flow is still significant. The mass in my lower left pelvis is still very palpable and I was tired and fatigued. But that’s okay. I noticed some sharp cramps. Nothing super uncomfortable but there all the same. That was interesting.

I feel like I’m losing weight. Clothes are feeling loose. It’s ironic because this is the one time I wasn’t trying to lose weight but it seems that it’s coming off. I read in the literature that this is a sign that my stomach lining is healing.

Today is my fast day. Starting tomorrow, I’m giving up all the shark week booty and embracing the ED again fully. I already know that I’m not super sensitive to gluten. Remember I backed away from gluten in July? The same month I had my 1st vertigo episode. So I don’t feel bad about including it in my diet. I’m going to start adding tofu back into my diet. I’ve noticed a sore mouth when eating mayo; but not the same soreness with eggs. Mayo has raw eggs in it. Maybe that’s it. It can’t be the oil. Though it could be the other additives. I’d need to make my own fresh mayo to see if the symptoms are the same. I’m not a fan of strict diet plans, but I came up with one none the less….

Breakfast – Oatmeal
Snack – Cashews and dried fruit
Lunch – salad
Snack – fruit
Dinner – TBA

I’m going to eat like this for the rest of the week. This week’s salad is broccoli salad. I’m subbing yogurt for mayo. I’ve noticed a sore mouth when eating mayo; but not the same soreness with cooked eggs. Mayo has raw eggs in it. Maybe that’s it. It can’t be the oil since I use oil for a lot of other things without problems. It could be the other additives. I’d need to make my own fresh mayo to see if the symptoms are the same. I know that milk is NOT my friend so I won’t be using milk based yogurt. I’ll look for soy vanilla yogurt, but if I can’t find that (and it’s hard to find) I’ll sub silken tofu with sugar and vanilla extract.

Next week’s salad is pasta salad with homemade Italian dressing.

I haven’t decided what I’ll be re-introducing next week. Probably caffeine. I miss it.

Look at my feet y'all. They are getting better!!!!

week 1


Week 2... I can see and feel a difference

Okay Week 3 is pending....



Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue