Shitty Runs

Peace.

All this week I have had 3 shitty runs. Real shitty. I can’t seem to put my finger on why they are ALL shitty. For the last month, they have been really wonderful. Is it my shoes? Is it the fasting? Hormones? I have no real idea. I get that some runs are going to be shitty and some aren’t. I don’t usually get a slew of all shitty ones. I am always trying to zoom on why the runs are bad vs. good. Let me detail it out….

I cannot run the distance I’m used to running. I had gotten back up to my 5k. But now a mile zaps my energy. There is no sweet spot. This may because of fasting, but I ran the 1st week of fasting with no problems. It actually aided my detox. I ran some last week… shark week… and was fine. I am carrying water and make sure to drink a smoothie 30 min before I head out. I haven’t noticed any cramping with that regimen.

I am also having some serious calf tightness. The coach/7 said I’m not warming up properly. Well I NEVER warm up and I never had this problem before. So I started warming up a bit before I head out. See there is a lot that goes into me even leaving the house! A quick5 minute yoga sequence. That doesn’t seem to help. I’m thinking I just have to push through it. But it hurts too much. It’s both calves. Feels like they are going to explode.

I’m getting light headed. That is the fast I know. I used to get lightheaded when I ran without glasses, but now I have a pair dedicated for running. Also, I am getting these odd cramps in my quads. Normally I would say its dehydration, but I am carrying water with me when I run and I’m still getting them. I let go of caffeine for the fast. I know it helps some runners. But my breasts have been really sore for no good reason.

I bought some aquatic shoes thinking they would be like my vibrams. They aren't. I've used them 4 times and the tread is gone. There were only $9.98. Lesson learned

This is aggravating for me to write. It feels like I’m just bitching. Anywho. This fast will be over next Monday. And I have decided to go “high raw” afterwards. I have gone raw in the past with limited success. I strove for 100%. And unless this is your job, I personally think that is an unrealistic goal. So I’m shooting for 75%. The way that should play out is raw smoothie for breakfast, a decent raw lunch that looks like food and a salad for dinner. And it is only seasonal. I think raw fooding it in the winter months if you live outside of the equator is foolish. If I come across some cooked food that I must have, I’ll have it. No denial. We have a few events coming up where I know it will be damn near impossible to maintain a 100% raw diet: a wedding, a retirement party, Earth appreciation. Not one of those meals do I have to pay for. I’m not going to ruin everyone’s good time by putting myself on display. I’ll eat what I eat and fast to get back on track if intuitively I feel like I need it.

I have lost some weight. The exact amount? No idea. I didn’t get on the scale prior to the fast. I will on Tuesday morning. I can see the effect. And it looks good. The 7 has noticed too, as have my coworkers and acquaintances. I have decided that whatever the loss is, I’m maintaining it. I love food and I love to eat. That won’t change. But my relationship with it must and will change. I will eat chips if I want them. I just won’t eat an entire bag at 1 sitting. If I do, fasting will happen. I’m a kill the snacking too. My Ayurvedic dosha shays I shouldn’t be snacking anyway. And this fast has demonstrated that I can go without snacking. I’m hoping my stomach has shrunk enough to get full quickly.


Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue