7 Whole Days.....

Peace……

I got the 1st week down. I’m passed detox to the point where I’m not hungry at all really. To the people in my personal cipher who care to pay attention, I am a wonder. It kills me. The human body is capable of so much but we only challenge it but so far.

Let me say this… I picked the absolute WORST time to fast. I will keep this in mind for subsequent fasts. I just wanted to be finished by/before the Asiatic New Year. I have so many other things that I am planning for after the fast. And winters aren’t what they used to be especially in Georgia so I wasn’t really concerned about the weather.

What I should have been looking at was the calendar… My Calendar! I started my fast when PMS was beginning to rage. So there is a week of PMS and then 5 days of “shark week.” I set myself up to suffer. I find the best time for me to fast is right after my cycle passes or maybe on the last few days. I suffer for those 2 weeks with headaches, nausea, bloat, mood swings, etc. As healthy as I strive to live, I have never been able to make those symptoms pass or make my cycle pass in fewer days. Since I’m probably about to crone in the next few years, I’ve given up trying to make my cycle user friendly and just roll with the punches that I know are coming. PMS superimposed with detox is terrible. Superimposed with the fact that I’m cold. And Oh the cramps…… I just want to die.

Had I begun my fast AFTER a cycle, I would have avoided a lot of discomfort. (1) I would have detoxed, probably during the last 3 days of shark week. Even though I don’t like to fast while on cycle, the cycle is a time of detox. The body pushes out a lot of wastes through the skin, the digestive tract, etc. It’s not just about blood loss. I tend to really care for myself extra during that time so that would have been a plus. (2) Fasting so quickly after cycle would delay the onset of the next cycle. And (3) the next cycle would either be shorter and/or lighter. That’s a win-win-win all the way around. Now… I have to REALLY pay attention to my diet to have that delayed effect.

In the future, I plan to not just consider when the ANY is, but right after a cycle and preferably in the hot months. I like to spring clean the body and be prepared for spring, but I just can’t beat up on my body any more. I’m in the culture-ciphers I really need to be careful. I really think any female still having their cycle should really consider the timing of long term fast to accommodate the issues that come.

Now for other factors… I haven’t tried to exercise. Just too much. Exercise does help with the cramping and the weather seems to be getting warmer. So…. I’ll walk a mile when I get home. Walk, not run. I got out of running when this fast started.. I’m just not a cold weather person nor do I have exercise equipment in the house to use. If I’m a exercise it will be outdoors. It’s been too cold and too wet. With my constitution… just no. And I am not apologetic about it. I ran consistently form July to November. I know once the weather warms I’ll be back on my game. I’m not gong to feel any kind of way about it.

I have had really bad heartburn. That's odd. I don't normally have heartburn. I did have reflux maybe 10 years ago, but I got that settled. With a fast of all things. I have some slippery elm at home. I'll start with that and see if it passes. I have some aloe if it doesn't.

So that’s what’s up with these 1st 7 days.


Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue