Long, Sad, Embarrassing Update

Peace. I know I haven’t been blogging… It’s because I haven’t been running. The last good run I got was on the same date and time as the Sandy Hook shootings. When I got back it had already happened. The last time before that I got a good run in was Thanksgiving. That date ended my consistent running and I entered a slaptastic hit and run type program. I don’t really have an answer to why. I was up to 5 miles on the long runs. And then just poof. I didn’t want to put on my shoes anymore. I do blame my shoes a bit. My Nikes that I started with just broke. They were old but underused when I started running in July. They worked until December and then the entire sole came off. That is one way of telling me they need replacing. The pain in my shin that started in November wasn’t a clue? I had budgeted new shows for January not December. I ‘found’ some cash to buy a cheap pair of sneakers; the previously blogged Sauconys. I don’t like them. I bought the size I wear and they are too big. Well at least 1 is. It took a minute to realize I didn’t like them. I can’t return them now. They give me true blisters on my right heel. And I’m flatfooted and these shoes have no arch support (unlike my Nikes). So they look a mess on my feet. I’m very about it when it comes to my look. You can judge all you want but I like to look good when I walk outside the house. Doesn’t matter where I’m going or what I’m doing. Those Sauconys are gonna end up my spare pair. A friend of the 7 and I made a comment to me a few weeks back. He has a thing for morbidly obese women. He told me I look good! Hells No! That was all the motivation I needed to put me back on my game. I have been running consistently running 4 days a week and doing yoga the other 2 with a rest day on Tuesday because I fast on Tuesdays. In order to make the best of the bad situation, I went shopping for running stuff. I need to keep motivated. I have NOT stopped enjoying the feeling that running gives me. I bought appropriate socks. The 7 doesn’t want to share his…. I bought some of that gooey gel stuff, a thing to hold my phone on my arm (I’m always a bit creeped out about not running with my phone). I got that Abdul-Jabar thing to hold my glasses because I have come to learn I don’t run well when I can’t see. I get a weird queasiness not unlike motion sickness. I have gloves and pepper spray and keys and ID and a whole bunch of stuff I don’t’ appreciate having to carry just to run. All this stuff was designed to compel me to keep going. It doesn’t help that it is winter. I don’t like the cold. Instead of my am runs before work, I now run at 5:30pm. It’s not as cold and there is still a bit of light (thank you earthquake in Haiti!) until about 6:15. So that works in my favor. On my off days, I go about 1 pm-ish. The reason I live in GA is because it’s warm year round compared to NJ.I can get 1-1.5 miles in before it gets dark. I am not proud. But it is something. In order to take the best part, I have decided to work on my speed. Get my mile to 10 minutes. I plan to race this year. Right now, I’m working on the 30 minute mile. It’s better than nothing. And there is a lot of run/walking going on. I am amazed at how quickly I lost it all and how slowly it’s taking to reclaim. I am doing more and more yoga because as I run I’m getting more and more inflexible. I have always been the flexible chick always able to touch my toes but since I have been running its more of a struggle. I get it. Running makes muscles that seize you up. Yoga softens those muscles so that I can still be lady like and cross my legs. I instituted a new eating change. I at these big breakfasts smaller lunches and tiny dinners. It took a while to get used to doing this, but I have. Nothing like hunger to motivate you to get up and fix food. I have noticed it kind of affects evening runs. When I run in the am, the tank is empty. But in the evening, there is breakfast and lunch in there. I’m not on “E” but I am always at least ¼ tank full. I have noticed the more I eat the shittier the run is. That is a learning curve…. I plan to do a proper yoga streak in February. It will start my cleanse to the ANY on 3/20/2013. Yoga all February along with 4 days of running and a juice feast starting 2/27/2013 until the Equinox. Oh yeah… I’m a be out of it very shortly. I vibrate on a different frequency when I do these activities. And I’m not saying it’s bad, but it is different. The God is cool with it. My boss…. Not so much. OK. So here is my long assed update. Thanks for caring. Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue