Food as Medicine... and not Pharmacueticals

Peace Y'all,

Talking to my mother is really funny. She has a pure 85% perspective. Her doctors are as important to her as her minister. She listens to them like it was white Jesus incarnate telling her to step out on faith. What my mother will not entertain is treating herself without meds.

My mother is on a plethora of prescription medications. She spends Sunday evening for about 2 hours, watching TV and arranging her meds in those daily snap things. She will tell you that she no longer has diabetes because she has a pill to treat it. She doesn't have hypertension because she takes whatever. All the medicine that she uses causes dry mouth so she has a pill for that. She also gets constipated so she takes a laxative. My mother is a junkie and my inspiration. I don't want to be like that.

She doesn't have to be like that. She could adjust her diet and alleviate a lot of different ailments.

My family and I recently moved. Unfortunately we did not time our utilities to coincide with the move. Here in GA, you have to give like a month's notice to get stuff turned on the way you like it. B.U.T... turning off? They do that the same day. We haven't had water service at the new place. OK. Since I work and have friends, I can bathe elsewhere. We can manually flush the toilet. But... I have been training myself to not need to do a Born Master while at home. I'm a vegetarian for the most part. Because of that, I am regular. I go a few times a day. But I don't want that at the new crib yet. So what did I do? I increased my protein intake and cut out fresh fruit and vegetables. So I get full but there is no fiber in there to release things. So no Born Masters at the crib until I'm ready. I suppose I could have taken a pill to bind me, but why? I know how to do it naturally without all the side effects.

Now when I am out and about, I assume the locations I'm in have facilities. If I know I can time the release with location. You know how that's done? With coffee. 3 cups of strong black coffee will release the flood gates. Yesterday, with heavy apologies for the department of watershed, I was promised that I would have water by the time I got home. Do I believe them? 50/50. You can't take any 85er's word in GA on face value. But, anyway... I have begun to "Release the Kracken!"

Now I could have hit up the ex lax or Correctol; but I didn't. I hit the prunes. A small package of about 16 oz. It was filling, it was tasty, it is GONE! And in less than 2 hours the gates were open. No cramps, no pain, a lot of moving around noise, though. But that is good because it lets my boss know stuff is happening. All done. No prescription needed.

I had a problem with reflux. The docs put me on an expensive med that even with my insurance, it was costing me $140/month. It took a month to work and I was constipated. Constipation causes bad breath, zits, sluggishness, etc. I was getting all that. So... I stopped the meds, fasted for 2 days and started a regimen of Slippery Elm capsules; 3 caps/3 times a day. And in 3 days I was good. I followed it for a bottle of the herb and stopped. Since then I have had very little reflux. And the docs told me I'd need to be on their meds for a lifetime. Whatever.

For all you spooky religious people, just study your texts. Your mystery gods advocate using food as medicine. Hindu uses yoga, Christians/Jews read Ezekiel 47:12, Buddhism advocates vegetarianism, and the Qur'an is lousy with non-pharmaceutical healing remedies. So before you pick up that prescription, ask yourself if you will be better serviced by natural remedies. But don't go looking for a natural doc and pharmacy (though they do have them). do the knowledge for self and try adjusting your diet and gradually adding the healing herbs to your regimen and see if you don't get relief. I'm I saying there is not a place for physicians? Of course not. They should not be your 1st plan of action though.


Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue