Big Mama's Guide to Not Getting Diabetes.....

Peace!

Well I am on yet another diet. My college reunion is this fall and my high school reunion is next summer. Serenity has got to get it together. I had success on the HcG diet (20lbs gone), B.U.T….. My diet connection no longer works at her job. And I am able, but highly unwilling to get off $500 for the pleasure of starving. So I have had to investigate other options.

Knowing myself as I do, I am not going to write down everything I eat. I’d rather just not eat. I know and have heard it before…. That is one of the tools that successful dieters use, but I won’t do it. I’m not toting around the paperwork and I’m not going to stop while having a good time and look up every single thing I plan to eat. That removes the joy of eating. I have so little joy in my life. Eating is still one of my pleasures. It’s just not going to happen.

The diets that will allow me to eat without writing are the low carb diets: Atkins, South Beach and Paleo. I have the Atkins book, perused the South Beach book in the library to see the differences from Atkins and downloaded the Paleo. I should write my own diet, “Big Mama’s Guide to not getting Diabetes.”

For the last 2 weeks I have been ‘inducing.’ Meaning I have cut carbs completely out of my life. It has sucked. Since you can’t be sure if processed food has a carb, none of that. And I can’t see that I have lost any weight. I feel it, but can’t see anything additional in my clothes. A friend of mine says it takes about a month before you can see something. I hope so. Plus, I’m still reduced from the Hcg.

Speaking of HcG, I have also spotted some HcG pills in Wal-Mart. Really? We shall see if they work. If they do, they should work in conjunction with my diets. Since my diet right now is low carb.

I’m already sick of low carbs though. Everything I eat seems to be ‘creamy.’ And I don’t get to eat anything sweet. I’m a snack-head. I admit it. I want to eat smaller things, crackers chips, small fruit, etc. And that’s why I am kind of certain that this won’t be completely long term. I’m still planning to stay away from carbs…. Big unnatural carbs. Rice, storebought bread, stuff like that.

Also, I haven’t fasted in a while. I miss it. I plan to fast in the Asiatic New Year. Nothing special or drastic. Just my annual 3 week juice fast that I haven’t done in 3 years. Before I was righteous I planned my fast to coincide with Lent/Easter. Now ANY. And possibly have a housewarming party. Maybe wabbit….

So the master plan is to continue February out in low carb fashion…. Do a liver flush (I haven’t done one of those in a minute either)…. Go on a juice fast for 21 days….. and then high raw until the weather turns back cold. Hopefully I will lose the weight I want to lose, but I doubt it. My body knows my tricks.

A little gratuitous Beyonce for inspiration. She looks this good a month after having a baby. SMH. She is still thick, but still shapely. And everyone thought she was gonna start looking like her mother.....



Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue