Getting in tune with the Seasons

Peace!


It’s time to get the fall garden together! Truthfully, I should have gotten it together last month but don’t judge me! As I do the 1 on what I should be planting, I notice something. I’ve noticed this before but never really gave it a good thinking over…..

Fall is the season for greens. In the winter root veggies come due. In the summer, fruit. And the spring you eat whatever you can find and is also a good time for fasting and cleansing. Hmmmm…… Does this not make you think? Nature doesn’t waste. Food that grows in a specific season is what you need to deal with the ailments and qualities of said season. Maybe we shouldn’t be eating tomatoes in the winter. I may damage our bodies. Maybe we shouldn’t be eating mangos outside the tropical environments. Fruits are juicy and in the summer we wrestle with dehydration. Root veggies are more satisfying and take longer to digest. Digestion warms the body. That’s why they call it digestive fire. So this is more beneficial in the winter months.

See Maybe we should take a hint from the Earth and fall inline with her programs.


Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue