Meat me on this

This will probably be an unpopular post. But so what? I’m giving you the opportunity to bounce before I offend you…. You still here? Well then PEACE!!!!

I have built many times that I am a vegetarian… actually a pescatarian... Long story. And I’m satisfied. But I have never built on why I feel like it’s the very best plan for man’s consumption. So here we go.

I cee meat eating as being savage. Notice I said savage and not uncivilized. With the advent of agriculture… which I’m certain is older than the devil has led us to believe… people can make plans for their foods. Not have to wander around from place to place like animals looking for it. Or killing said animals to eat. I know the Gods and Earths of millennium past, had the ability to master all within their ciphers. If they could build pyramids, complex structures, and traverse this planet until they were bored, then they had to have something they could tote with them to eat. Having to kill your food for every meal is not cost and time effective.

Eating meat all the damn time makes one a parasite to the animals of this planet. It’s one thing to do it every no and again, it’s quite another to expect animals to be there for you at will. Even when folks keep herds of animals they aren’t eating meat all the time. Do you realize how time consuming it is to kill, dress, process and finally cook an animal? Yeah, you don’t because you don’t have to do this. Your meat comes nicely wrapped in cellophane and Styrophoam in the grocery store. It is much more civilized to eat meat sparingly. There is little that you cannot get in a plant based diet.

Folks want to make the argument that we have teeth capable of eating meat. Umm… No. I’m a dentist and I can bare witness to the fact that that is not really true. Yes we have teeth capable of tearing through flesh, but they are up in the front and not in the back. And there are 12 total of those tearing teeth, as opposed to the 20 grinding teeth. That’s a 2:1 ration of grinding to tearing. And the front teeth are for tearing into food, like fruits and vegetables. Have you ever seen someone try to eat a piece of meat and they have no back teeth? Trust me, the front teeth are not designed for meat eating. If you look at animals that are pure carnivores, they have sharp teeth all the way to the back. And with the exception of popcorn, what vegetable ever gets stuck in between your teeth? It’s always meat that does that. Carnivores have spaces between their teeth. Only omnivores naturally have teeth that touch each other.

Folks also make the argument that our stomachs aren’t like other omnivores meaning we don’t have several stomachs like cows. Well our digestive tracts aren’t like carnivores either. That food is pretty much in and out. The reason why they don’t get ill from eating flesh is because flesh doesn’t stay inside them long enough to putrefy. Humans have a long digestive tract. Yes, it’s not as long as say cows, but we aren’t as big as cows and require the same nutrients.

I am a proponent of grown people doing their own thing. But I’m just saying… Since you looked, I had to say it.


Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue