Black DOES Crack


Peace Y’all,

I know I have been ghost a minute from this particular blog, but y’all do know I have others if you just can’t get enough Serenity. I try to blog somewhere at least once a week. Follow me around. Well now that protocol has been established….

I have turned a certain age. If you are a follower you know what I’m talking about. If not, you are just gonna have to do the knowledge for self or guess, because I ain’t admitting to anything any more. That being said; I want to put to bed a rumor… a myth… a falsehood A nasty bold-faced lie…. Black Does Crack.

Now, we don’t get as funky looking as colored folks, but we do change. I’m thinking there a re a number of reasons for why Original people age more slowly than colored folks. (1) We aren’t grafted. That makes a big difference. Think about it… A copy is never as perfect as the Original. There is always a blemish or something to let you know it’s a copy. (2) We don’t have the habits of colored people. We don’t abuse our skin with tanning and harsh chemicals. Look at traditional Native Americans. They are Original people too, but they are always outdoors with no coverage. And they are cracked! (3) I really feel that innately we recognize what is helpful and harmful to out bodies. I’m not the richest person in the world, nor am I poor. I am aware and can afford to buy the lavish products on the market that promise to cure me of my skin ails. But I know from the smell, from the packaging, from the ingredients you can sense that the product is not good for me. It smells way chemical-ly for me to use consistently on my skin. And (4) Melanin will protect us from a lot. But even with all this… It is ridiculous to think that we will never get old. Folks get old… look old. It’s a fact of life. And we need to find ways to embrace that and grow old gracefully.

I was working on the most recent issue of Useful Land (a monthly publication put out by the health and nutrition committee of Allah’s Garden) and I learned that my beloved morning routine has animal byproducts in it, if not swine. I was crushed. I had to ask myself what I needed to do in order to refine myself even further than I thought I had. So I went back to the root of using Vaseline as a night cream and oil as a cleanser. My skin looks great. And I haven’t seen not 1 zit in the mix, even when the moon is upon me. Now I know some have issues with petroleum jelly because it is a byproduct of the oil industry, but oil is a naturally occurring product.

Previously I had bought into the idea that I had to exfoliate in order to keep new cells bubbling up to the surface of my skin. And I did. With baking soda, oatmeal and any naturally occurring abrasive I could get hold of. And yes I was getting exfoliation. But at what cost? My skin wasn’t the glowing gleaming boiled egg white softness of flesh I was looking for. It was sensitive and peeling; especially my nose. I didn’t care for that. So…. I gave up on that and just accepted that I was going to age.

But guess what happened? My skin decided to do the right thing! I have stopped being uber sensitive, and peeling. My skin is looking right tasty and it’s all the same color. Now as in the past, I don’t know how long this will last. It might last forever or just until the weather gets cold. I seem to have no guidelines. But I’m going with it until I feel the need to do something else.

I think that is the lesson in this. You have to be observant and flexible. Taking this back to Supreme Mathematics; one must look, listen, observe, feel, etc and then gradually act to cee what yields the most effective results. One must constantly monitor the changes that come up and determine the root of the issue. It is through the process of applying Supreme Math to any given situation that you gain true Understanding.

What you thought I wasn’t gonna be righteous? I’m all Earth, all the time!


Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue