Month to Month....

Peace!

I have been on my grind for a month now. I need to first explain how I classify months. I do them from cycle to cycle. That's a month for me. Since my cycles are essentially 28 days, it corresponds with the moon's cycle and I have 13 months in my year. (Like my Actual Facts...) That might be TMI for some, but it is what it is. I'm a female. I got cycles. So what?

My routine looks like this..... I do my Dinacharya in this order.... rise at 5:30 am (usually, unless I'm tired then I hit the snooze no more than twice) I dry brush, oil up, rub on my snazzy facial of ground oatmeal paste with water, neti, eyes, teeth, shower, dress, warm water/lime and head off to work. I walk 1.5 miles to work and when I get in the office, I do 10-15 minutes of yoga. That makes my am workout about 35 minutes. I have some tea afterward and get in a good mental space (some call it meditation) for about 5 minutes and have some tea before I get down to business. I eat a snack around 10 am that serves as my breakfast go to lunch at 1pm and leave work from 4:30-6:pm. When I get home I cook dinner for the family, sometimes I eat sometimes I don't and I hit the sack (or the sack hits me) between 9-10pm. That's it during my work week. On the weekends, it's anyone's guess, but I manage to go without the exercise. I have a friend who will only exercis e with me or not at all. I might walk a few miles with her. And I eat about 2 meals/day over the weekend.

My yoga routine looks like this.... I do a warm up, move to about 8 Sun Salutations, get into poses that I am either working on (lifters) or that will give me a medical benefit, then I move into cooling down poses and just chilll out.

I said in a previous post that I wasn't falling into the western yoga trap of buying a whole bunch of shit. I'm getting a cheap mat from Walmart maybe some pants from a thrift store. That's it. I do yoga at the job when no one is there so modesty isn't an issue, yet. I see the value in having some pants. Just not a whole wardobe of them.

When I google yoga, I'm coming up with all these sites trying to separate me from my gold. Not gonna happen. Also there are all these expensive classes out there. I ain't spending money on that either. My sister just bought a months worth of classes at some ashram and the only classes she can make are on the weekends and the pass only allows her entry to one class per 24 hour period. Meaning over the weekend she can only take 1 class! I wonder if it was worth it. I asked her what they were having her do and she said pretty much what I am doing. So I say..... Fuck it (ala Chapelle Show).

I am tempted to purchase a book... but not really. I have a book. Somewhere. I can't find it. B.U.T. I can download all the information I need from the internet. Poses and their medical purpose. I'm smart enough to not try anything dangerous by myself (except lifting). And I am familiar enough with my own body to know its limits. I'm good.

Should I feel the need to have a more social equality experience I will reach out. Right now I'm good. I don't need to pay a bunch of perky people to tell me what I already know how to do and/or moving away from me because I frighten them.


Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue