The Price of Health

Ave you ever noticed that vegan food and raw vegan food is hella expensive?

I became a vegetarian before it was fashionable. Back then, my food bills decreased considerably. Plus I started making my own products because I stopped trusting what people put in theirs. That saved some money too. Now I have to scheme on the purchasing of foods I used to buy on the fly. A bag of apples used to cost maybe $2. Now they are $5+. For a dollar, you could buy enough beans to feed your family for a month. Now, $1 will buy just enough for a meal for two. Potatoes, tomatoes all very expensive.

I wonder who is causing all of this to happen? Its cheaper to eat off the dollar menu than eat healthy food. Follow me on this… Eating poorly to save money, and that food is delicious… gain weight, that food is full of fat, salt, sugar, and chemicals… over time develop chronic ailments…. Now have to take all kinds of meds…. Dead before you can collect social security, and they blame your socio-economic status and/or race. OR… You can spend money on healthy choices, possibly grow your own organic food… remain healthy, raise healthy children…. Children become brilliant and athletic…. Parents live to be in the 100’s without needing meds… medical miracles.

As annoyingly expensive as it is, I’m a keep this path I’ve been walking. My good health is worth more than a cheap double cheeseburger.



Peace

Comments

Great point and well put Queen, Peace

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue