Gut feeling

I have stomach issues. Always have had them. My father had stomach issues too. The first place I feel something good, bad, physical or emotional is in my stomach. So my stomach or gut is something I do not take lightly. When I get angry, I get nauseas. When I?m in love I get Gooey. When I am nervous I get butterflies, etc. I recognize that not all people have this sensitivity within. My mother and brother can (and have) eat ANYTHING. Nothing ever affects them in their stomachs like it does me. I believe they get headaches. We are all different in some aspects.

Anywho?.. For the past few months I have been having problems with my tummy. It has been giving me fits. It won?t settle down. This is an on/off thing. I will get hit with an intense wave of nausea, and then it will settle down. Then I will have some cramping with noises. Then it will settle down. Then I will have some intense hunger pangs, and then it settle down. Or it can manifest as bad heartburn, but you guessed it, it will settle down.

Now you know for every person in the word there will be a different remedy. One friend of mine says that before she eats, she takes a handful of supplements. She says that she too has stomach problems and that they help. Okay. So before we had dinner she handed me a fistful of supplements. I took them and I didn?t have any of the usual symptoms and I didn't have any of the usual after eating symptoms. Sounds like I should be following her regimen, right? Wrong.

I do not believe in artificial supplementation. Not a little bit or at all. I will take a prescription if I must. I mean I won?t lose an appendage because I want my body to fight off an infection on its own. I must be convinced of the need to have said prescription before I buy or take it. But just run of the mill pillage, nope. Why supplement? Why not get it directly from natures pharmacy? If I need iron, I will increase my intake of greens and beets and drink it with orange juice. I'll eat peanuts and cashews for protein. There is nothing you need that cannot be gotten from a natural diet. So how do you get enzymes? Raw food.

Y'all know I have been flirting with a raw-ism for a few years now. I don?t think I will ever be 100% raw. I really didn't like how that made me feel. I felt strong and healthy but I felt a little crazy too. Seriously I felt like I was floating and couldn't really retain my thoughts properly. I slept great and was losing the need for attachments, but the reality of this realm is that you can?t live like that and be a functional productive member of society with responsibilities. I meet people who claim 100% raw they are all a little loopy and off the grid-like. And I ain't mad at them all raw all the time is what was warping them. And I feel for them. Because hunger pangs and cooked food sickness is close enough to them to reach over and slap them? repeatedly. I have yet to personally meet a person who maintains 100% raw for over a year. I know they are out there. I read blogs, but they are probably somewhere gardening in clogs and a turban. Just kidding. I respect those people, but I do not wish to emulate them. Back to the topic at hand, shall we? (Steez!)

I suppose dietary enzymes are necessary. With the Standard American (processed and cooked) diet I can see why we would be deficient. The food we eat is dead. Seasoned, delicious, filling, but dead. You don't need enzymes for that. If this is the type diet you plan to exist on then you won?t need to concern yourself with what I'm rambling about. But if you do eat a 50:50 fresh vegetable : cooked food diet then having and presenting enzymes would be important to you. You need dietary enzymes to break down and properly digest food. Without them you will be plagued with gas and indigestion.

So I took this woman?s supplements and I felt better. I do not believe my diet to be deficient in vitamins; so since I felt better after ingesting said supplements means that I am probably lacking in enzymes and/or digestive flora. So I started with probiotics. I have to take those as supplements. I try to actively stay away from dairy or soy. Unless I eat spoiled food I don?t see a way to get any of that in me. Probiotics helped some but not ridiculously. So I knew I needed enzymes. I know raw food to be lousy with enzymes so I needed to incorporate more raw food in my routine.

Another thing about raw food-ism I didn?t care for was all the time it took to make something. Im American. We like are desires met instantly. Preparing 3 days in advance for 1 meal was off putting for me. So I had to find a happy medium. I already fast one day a week. I fast to detox and activate those longevity genes. I have noticed that no matter how crappy my diet is, if I fast at least 1 day per week, I (a) don?t gain weight (though I don't lose any either) and I (b) don't get sick. So why not eat raw one day a week? Load up on enzymes. And should those enzymes be destroyed by all the chips, chocolate, and french fries that I generally consume another day is coming where I can re-up. Cool. And I can plan and prepare for at least 1 day of eating in advance. It won't kill or intensely irritate me. At least not yet.

I?ve been following my routine for over a month now and I must admit, my tummy issues have decreased to the point that I haven?t noticed them. I actually had to be reminded that my stomach wasn?t bothering me. So there is something to this enzyme thing. I have planned out what I shall eat for all the raw days for almost a month out. Also, I noticed that I have been inspired to eat more raw food on the days that aren?t all raw. Hopefully I will, eventually balance out my diet. I have a perfect diet in mind, but I haven't been able to get there yet. Who knows if that will even work with my constitution but I won't know until I try. But McDonalds French fries are the devil. They are weak, wicked, grafted and delicious. Oh, I am their tool and slave. I am convinced they are sprinkled with crack cocaine. Deliver me mystery white Jesus!


Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue