Bubble Guts and Decsions

Peace....


Yesterday was my last day of raw food eating before I was to make a decision regarding how I was going to continue to eat. Technically march 31st was going to be my last day, in this last season of fasting. And I blew it. I ate badly and I'm suffering for it.

Tuesday is the day I fast. I know I've said this ad nauseum but... my Ayurvedic dosha says that I need to fast 1 day a week so that my digestive fire can catch up to my food consumption. My 1st husband and I shared a dosha. Most of the people in my Cipher a mostly Kapha. So I never really get to see exactly how the other doshas do. But my God has a different dosha. He's a Pitta. I can finally see how differently his dosha works with respect to mine.

So the first thing that went wrong yesterday was I choose to not fast. When I fast, I take in my nourishment via juice. The juicer was unavailable, so I would have had to purchase juice. I wasn't feeling that. So... I decided that I'd just skip this week's fast. I do that maybe once a year. I don't fast if I'm my cycle... another Ayurvedic thing.... so that adds extra non-fasting Tuesdays to the roster. So if I'm feeling truly resentful, I won't fast. Yesterday was a resentful day.

Second thing that went wrong was I was being freer with contraband food. Since I decided last minute to cancel the fast, I didn't have anything prepared to eat. So I was at the mercy of the world. And the world wasn't kind. I ended up with a bad, almost unpalatable salad and candy. Lots of candy.

I had a taste for red lobster biscuits and googled a recipe for them.... I made them for the 7 to have with his ziti. And...... they looked perfect and smelled perfect so I had 2 (of the 5 I made) and the ziti looked good too so I had to have some of that with it. My stomach was unstretched so I felt like a suckling pig 5 minutes after I finished eating. The it is came and Agents of Shield went away. All night long I burped and felt uncomfortable movements up and through my guts. When I finally got up, I was tired and now bloated. It's not food poisoning but it's close. I am seriously uncomfortable less than 24 hours after the fact.

Well I didn't fast yesterday, But I am fasting today. I would take a laxative if I didn't have something planned to do at lunch. Don't want to have loose bootie away from a restroom. No coffee, but I have teas and juice to aid my quest. I'm a take care of myself when I get home. Even though the 7 requested more biscuits. (I made 5 last night. He ate 3, I ate 2)

I just want to vent at how hard it is to have a different diet than your spouse. It was like this with my late husband. When I became a vegetarian, Michael and his mother told me this was a decision I was making for myself. Where as Precise is a vegetarian, he doesn't ever want to do the other things I do. If I ate like he does, I'd get sloppy fat with everything that comes along with that. But this is what I signed up for....

So that's where I am this April 1st. I'm not prepared to make a decision about the future eating plans although that future is here. I will say that I am a bit disturbed at how uncomfortable I am after eating a meal of cooked food. It wasn't even a big meal. I was more into the biscuits than anything. The bowl of ziti was small. Was it the cooked food that has made me feel this uncomfortable? What else could it be. I wasn't sick after the crappy salad. I wasn't sick after the candy. But the ziti and biscuits did me in. And be mindful... I made the ziti and biscuits from scratch so I can't even say it was the processing.

So there is a laxative in my future as well as true consideration what my next eating plan is going to be. This is a bad vibe and I don't care for it.


Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue