Fruit Flush


Peace.

I have not been feeling 100%. I don’t feel like myself. I don’t look like myself to myself. I have low energy and I sleep all the time. Yet… I find myself with bouts of insomnia. My appetite hasn’t changed. I haven’t changed jobs, or moved or anything that could trigger a feelings like I have. My diet is still the same. I am worried about the fish supply, but that is another build. And I don’t know if it is because something is physically/physiologically wrong with me or I’m just getting old. I have been to see a doctor or two and all they say is lose weight and menopause is approaching. I cannot accept that. I have been roughly the same weight for the last 20 years and I have always felt good. And yes my hormones might be adjusting, but my cycle comes like clockwork every month and has not let up a bit. Plus… I’m not anywhere near 50. So…… I decided to do some natural treatments. I have decided to take on a 3 day Fruit Flush.

http://www.loadedwithexcuses.com/images/Jay%20Robb%20Fruit%20Flush%20Original%20Full%20Version.pdf

Seriously, I don’t know where the idea came from. I never heard of Jay Robb. But my mind said do a 3 day fruit flush and I googled it and this is what I got. I did the knowledge to it and it seemed reasonable. I need a bit of “oomph” back in my life.

The theory behind the fruit flush is that it is a 3 day detox. It can be done monthly, quarterly, whenever. The author suggested to lose weight to do this every week! I think that is a bit drastic. But I do see the need for consistent detox. Daily we are exposed to toxins that we don’t even realize. And those toxins can wreak havoc on our bodies. It is my opinion that auto-immune diseases are the result of toxin exposure. If folks with auto immune disease adopt a holistic diet and follow the principles of Natural Hygiene, many of their symptoms would be alleviated. But they would return if folks went back to the SAD that we are all used to.

Day 1:
Not too bad. Today I drank protein shakes all day mixed with fruit and juice. When I ingest heavy protein foods, I get really thirsty. Does that happen to other folks? All that protein kept me not hungry, but I could feel lightheadedness coming on. Y’all know I got vertigo, so it was a matter of making sure what I was experiencing was detox. So I took it easy. I was supposed to do an easy run today but I took it easy. I fell asleep as soon as I got situated at home. I didn’t get to eat my salad.

Day 2:
This must be the detox day. I woke with a headache. Now I’m not sure if it’s detox from toxins or coffee detox. I don’t drink that much coffee, but I do drink a cup every day. This being Tuesday is normally my fasting day. And fasting 1 day a week is not really hard once you get used to it. But I’m not going to be fasting this week. This detox is my fast for this week. I realized that this flush is kind of a “raw food” flush. Since fruit and salads tend to be raw. I am allowing myself some tea and hot decaf beverages and using stevia as a sweetener. I don’t use sweetener in my coffee, but I definitely use it in tea.

My throat feels like it is thickening. It's not closing because I can still breathe, but it is definitely tighter. Don't worry. I have benedryl close by. It is one of the otc meds the physician said would manage my vertigo.

Day 3:
This is supposed to be my last day... but I screwed up the plan. I was supposed to have taken a cleansing tea last night and be drinking probiotics all day in intervals to get my gut health up and running. I forgot. so I guess I'm a carry this another day...

Today is a much better day. A lot of the discomfort has left me. I feel way better today than I did yesterday. I actually can feel specifics about what is going on in my body if you can understand me. I can feel the fibroid on my right side clearly. is that crazy? Please don't give me fibroid advice that involves doctors. I have already had a myomectomony and other treatments. At this point, with my age, doctors tell me the only thing for me is a hysterectomy and I'M NOT DOING THAT. That fibroid should be named "biscuit" after my coworker that vexes me so. but it's not just about her. I hat e my job. It's not what I want to do. I am completely unfulfilled. and I have been looking for another job to no avail. I'm feeling like I should do something drastic... but... I want things... House, bills,possessions so I'm trapped. but this build is not about that. Damn these feeling are just overflowing are they not????

But back to the matter at hand... I feel good and the headaches, hunger and cravings are gone. My throat is still a little raw, but not like yesterday. the only other thing is I was super forgetful this morning. I don't know if I'm starting to float. when I am being super healthy, I notice that I start to become a bit, for lack of a better word, spacey. I find it hard to focus on mundane tasks. I wanna meditate and do yoga. I wanna speak to the birds and write songs. All these things aren't particularly useful to me on a daily basis. and it actually is a bit of a distraction for me. But I wonder if this is my true self and the other part of me is fake. Hmmmm.... that bears pondering. Anywho... There will be a day 4 to get probiotics on board. And probably a Day 5 so I can properly come off this fast without the crash.

this afternoon, around 3pm I had a bout of dizziness that was so uncomfortable. i had to sit down. I had some grapes left so I ate them. that gave me some strength to finish the day out, run some errands and get home. While out on errands I bought some fruit juice. That helped.

Day 4
The day that shouldn't exist... But I'm not mad. I need 3 days into any fast to adjust to any food restriction. And I have adjusted to this one. I'm a post this today because this is my last workday this week, I don't post from home. The claim is you can lose up to 9 pounds on this flush. I think it's just from pooping. I am very regular, but these last few days have been extra-extra. I've had some light cramping, so I know it's gone deep.

This morning I drank some kombucha, I have yogurt in my lunch bag for midday and more kombucha when I get home. Tomorrow I will will resume my normal-but-improved eating by dinnertime. I plan to get some aloe vera juice in me first to add a nice layer to my stomach for the earlier meals.

Conclusion:
I feel good. maybe a little shinier, with a tad more vitality. The fact that I had to do so much detoxing means I'm not as clean as I thought I was. Even with having done a long and deep cleanse in March. I'm thinking this is something I might do every other month. maybe I should add a sweat or 2. But I will wait until the winter to sweat. It's just too hot now.

The other purpose of this fast was to jumpstart healthier eating. I'm a pescatarian, but I can eat very bad. Cookies, chips, vegan ice cream... And I like my own cooking. So it is very challenging for me. But now that I'm all tidy on the inside, I will strive to maintain it.

Ital is vital!



PEACE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue