A Month's Recap

Peace.

I finished Queen Afua's book. I stand behind my opinion that it wasn't the most inspiring work. It had a few gems, a few things I'm going to give a try. It allowed me to recognize that I need to do better with relaxing and being peaceful at work. It is causing me to be very stressed out and stress makes me hungry and causes cortisol release which gives me a belly. So it wasn't all bad. I still don't think she wrote it, though.

You know my challenges go from month to month. But I'm thinking I never fully revealed I consider a month from menses to menses. so I have been taking these Under (age) 50 Centrum multivitamins.... And do you know what? It's not so bad. I carry them in my purse and have my alarm set so that I get reminded. I take them at least 4 times a week. I think that's consistent enough. I feel good. No particular deficiencies that I have noticed. No supper tiredness, moodiness, and lip cracks that are indicated when B-complex is low. My eyes and poop are the right color so my iron is right. My skin is not flipping so the D is good (and it's been raining here!). I feel really solid. And where I don't like the idea of taking a vitamin, it's not the worst thing in the world. I'm going to continue.

OK. So what's the new challenge???? Now this is where it's gonna get weird... I have a couple of things on the refrigerator... One is ingesting green powder 2x day. that will get my greens in and my juice. So that is 4 servings of fruits and veggies. Not that I don't get them in normally, but I feel like I can benefit form consistently eating more greens. I really feel very strongly about eating seasonally. I consider heavy greens to be something we should absolutely strive to eat in the Winter and spring months. And seeded fruits should be heavily consumed in the summer and fall months. Those are the months when they are best and available. And since humans developed along with nature, we should follow her lead more carefully for optimal health. BUT.... I Know I'm deficient in greens so I will be consuming them all summer (along with the seeded fruits) like this and get back in the swing of things in 2014. My goal is to be completely seasonal-observant come 2014. But that's not the weird part...

The weirdness.... Crystals... I have owned crystals for a few years now. maybe like 9? I've never really known what to do with them. Nor have I have the experiences that other people seem to have with them. I have also never really tried to do consistent work with them. So I have decided to give them a true shot. I have been carrying around crystals that correspond with a particular chakra. Monday Root and every day until I get to the crown chakra. Also.... I have been drinking crystal infused water. If you have watched the Shah's of Sunset, you know that one of the people on the show, Asha, who btw is dating Jermaine Jackson Jr, has a line of Diamond water. Water infused with diamond essence. A diamond is a crystal. Now.... I thought that was crazy. But... who knows. It might work. What's the worst that can happen? I drink an extra pint of water????

I'm also meditating hourly with the crystals. It's a quick meditation. Takes about a minute. holding the crystal near the chakra point, inhaling for 4, holding for 4 and exhaling for 8. I do that 3x. I find it very calming. I can't tell if there is a blockage anywhere. If there is, I suspect it's with my heart chakra.

The last thing I'm instituting is a "Power Hour." An hour of my waking day where I don't speak. Right now the plan for that hour is my lunch hour. It's right in the middle of my day and will allow for some extra meditation. Choosing an hour that isn't busy defeats the purpose. I might be being silent anyway. I can't see that it would be effective unless it was on purpose.

I have gotten all this from The City of Wellness book. So if you think I'm crazy, blame the Queen....


Peace



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue