The Water Wars

Peace, I get asked this question a lot. I suppose it’s because I am a long term vegetarian, a healthcare professional and hippie looking chick. But folks are always asking me what type of water I drink… Well my answer might surprise you. Filtered tap with lemon. I have heard and attended seminars with regard to the appropriate drinking water for the Original human body. Spring water is water from a mystery spring. It does not mean that it is free from impurities. Spring water is affected but the ground it flows through and the process that it takes to bottle. You do know that warm-hot bottled water will leech poison into that water. Toxins, whatever can seep through the ground and infect the water. Also, spring water is not subject to restrictions; meaning there is no regulation on bottled spring water. It can make whatever claim it wants and patrons can neither prove nor disprove the claim. I hear a lot of people promoting distilled water as the “it” water. It’s not. The distillation process involves boiling water until the impurities have separated from it and collect and cool the vapor and make new water from that. That doesn’t sound like a bad idea, BUT. How are they accomplishing this process? It’s not the logical way, because logical is not profitable. It includes chemicals that get trapped in the “clean” water during the distillation. Have you ever boiled stray water. Impurities don’t disappear. They stay on the side of the pot. Who’s to say those impurities don’t make their way back into the water. Distilled water is not meant for human consumption. It is meant to use in electrical devices that need water: computer cooling, autoclaves, etc. You can drink it and not die, but we get positive things from water, like minerals that our bodies need. Distilled water is water, but water in it’s most natural and pristine source isn’t distilled and laden with CA, Mg, iron and other minerals. It has been claimed that distilled water can leech minerals from the body if that’s all the water you drink. Alkaline water is what the natural community is claiming to be the wonder water of the time. I get that alkalination of the diet is a more healing diet. But I’m not paying extra for delivery or for a unit of alkaline water. The distributors make extraordinary claims and can’t tell you how the machine works. I combined all the information I have on water to make an informed decision. You can make alkaline water by add lemon juice to it. Lemon juice is acidic, but it becomes alkaline while in the body. All raw foods are good for you because they are in their purest form. I want minerals in my water. I want the government making sure that the water is not harmful to people and passes all their arbitrary tests versus not having to pass a test at all. This may be unpopular but I like and advocate fluoride in water. I’m a dentist. I have seen what mouths looked like pre-fluoride and post-fluoride. And I’m waiting to witness a fluoride based fatality that folks want to keep bringing up with no proof. The Journal of the American Dental Association gets sent to my house and business every month. Let me share a personal experience. I was feeling the beginnings of a bladder infection coming on. Ask any grown woman if she minds a bladder infection. She will tell you strongly no. I don’t like take meds if I don’t have to, but bladder infections are a have to. But I decided to try a natural remedy before submitting to drugs. I drank glasses of lemon laced water. Within 2 days all signs of a pending infection were gone. I could pee in peace again. Lemon water helps. I drink half of my required water with lemon. Not a lot, but at least 1T/32 oz. Be mindful that the humans that we are at this current moment cannot exist on H2O alone. Just as we don’t exist on pure oxygen. If we were given pure oxygen and pure water, we’d die, purely. Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue