I have finally made a Decision

Peace.

This is a ladies post. So if your a man or skeeve easily this is your opportunity to bounce. If you stay, you get what you get.

I have decided that I will no longer exercise while on cycle. And I refuse to feel bad about said decision.

I have gone over this a number of times. I have read that women shouldn't do yoga while on cycle. I am not basing my decision completely on something I've read. But it does help that other people have grappled with this issue. I am extending that to include all exercise.

I can't speak for all women, but my cycles are heavy, physically draining and painful. I literally suffer through them. Exercise does in fact change the quality of the cycles, but not for the better. They get worse. They pain is more acute. Currently, I haven't left the house in 3 days. And what's the big deal suspending activity for a few days to properly care for my body?

There are those women who have light cycles that last a day or two. I'm not one of those women. I had fibroids and used to bleed heavily for 2 weeks. Do you know what that's like? I hope not. Now I go 4-5 days half as heavy. But that's still no joke. Presurgically, I would stack 2 overnight maxis and use a super plus tampon and still be soaked in 2 hours. I had a wardrobe of loose dark clothes for said TOM and sleeping just didn't happen for 5 nights. So I don't super complain about what I have now. I'm actually grateful.

While doing P90x, I tried to push thru... twice. I was successful the 1st cycle, and half successful the second. Remember, I told you that exercise exacerbates the pain. I assume the 1st time it came my body wasn't used to it yet. Especially since they have gotten worse the deeper I go into P90x. I ain't even going to try now. I feel broken inside and out. I'll just move may end date from May 2nd to May 9th. That's not so bad. And I refuse to feel guilty or feel like a failure.



Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue