Doing the Daggone Thing

Peace Y'all,

May is approaching. It is come time to raise the rod. I am NOT going to fast. I have made a list of things that I am going to do, but fasting is not on there. I am not anti-fasting but since I am trying to reset my metabolism this year, fasting would be counterproductive. I have decided, among other things, to exercise..... Yick.

I don't like to exercise. And I have come to realize that I don't know HOW to exercise. I suppose I am sort of a couch potato. Maybe not completely. Maybe a french fry. I walk a lot. I walk 4 miles on the week ends at a nature trail. That same trail offers hiking and such. And I walk a lot just taking MARTA to and from work. Those of y'all not from Atlanta, need to know that MARTA means you have to walk, because it doesn't necessarily go anywhere useful. Daily I walk at least 15 blocks in total and climb over 100 stairs (especially since the escalators stopped working in February). That's just how MARTA does folks.

The God seems to think that exercise is one of the best things out there and is always encouraging me to do something. Ummmmm.... I really just don't feel it like that. When I was in high school, I ran track. In college, I swam and did a little (very little) tennis. I wasn't (and still am not) very good at tennis. As an adult I don't really do anything. I tried yoga and pilates, but felt very uncoordinated and fell a few times. Pilates actually made my incision scar feel like it was going to separate! I no longer swim, and that is the only thing that I really liked, because I don't have access to a pool and since becoming a 5%er I feel awkward in a bathing suit. It's not 3/4th. I work and when I get home I'm tired. So that is what I'm going to put on for May 2010. But there is a problem...

I have no clue what to do. Since I don't like anything really, I am not motivated to do anything. I have a bike. nearly brand new too. I bought it just before I move to Georgia. I have ridden it once and almost died because it was improperly put together. I got it fixed but have bad memories. I own a Total Gym. My father bought it for me. He was a former military man and believed in the keeping his body tight. And he wasn't a bad looking old man as far as old men went. He used to work out daily on a Bo-Flex. He was actually kind of diesel before he took ill. The most exercise I got from that thing was dragging it up the stairs and putting it together. It's loaded with dust. Its a weight thingy of a machine so you use it like you would if you lift weights. But I don't know how to lift weights!

I have been reading books, Internet and even got some library books. Everything I read contradicts something else. Some say women should do low weights but high repetitions. Some say it doesn't matter, muscle is muscle. Some say work out no more than 4 days some say work out every day. Some say cardio doesn't work, some say It is a must for all exercise. I am completely confused. And I have no frame of reference for any of this.

You know what scares me some? I don't want to accidental look like a female body builder. Remember Vera from In Living Color? Really, i don't want to look like that. My SIL used to compete in beauty pageants, but when she got older there weren't many left to compete in. So she moved to body building. Now she has got this thick neck and veins popping out of her arms. She still has them. She stopped working out over 10 years ago and that hasn't gone back to normal. I don't want to look like that. AT ALL!!!! My forearm looks perfectly feminine though the rest of the arm needs help. Yes, I am aware that spot toning is impossible. You must work everything out.

Women are supposed to be soft. When the God touches me, I want him to be able to tell I'm a girl if he was blindfolded and touching a bunch of people. I don't want bulging anything. My calves got big when I ran track in high school and they are still large. I'm scurred.

And I just don't want to hurt myself and since all the information is confusing, contradictory and expensive.... I am kind of wary.

Any advice? For real. I don't want y'all to see me at S&P and think that I am a man.


Peace

Comments

Precise said…
If I touch you where I'd touch you, I'd know you're not a man.
Bootzey said…
>>>>Rolling Eyes<<<<

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue