Almond Butter!

Peace Family,



I am very excited. I just made raw almond butter... In my own Kitchen!!!! Let me 'splain....



I am very particular about what I eat and what touches me. My skin and stomach are very sensitive. If I can make a toiletry or a eating product, I will. Even if it costs more, it is my opinion that you are better off eating fresh rather than eating perservatives.



In 2004 I embarked on my annual 21 day juice fast. At that time I had an ineffective juicer. So I juiced some and drank ready made juice. Well one evening I went to sleep without rinsing out the glasses. The next day I looked at the two glasses that were left in the sink. The glass that received the fresh juice had mold in it. The glass with the store bought juice had nothing in it. The small amount of juice that was left in the glass hadn't even evaporated! I vowed in that moment to be more mindful of what I put in my body. The mount of preservatives in store bought juice, is not only perserving the juice. When we ingest it, it embalms us from inside out.

I went on that tangent because the recipe is simple. Blend raw almonds in a food processor until smoothe. Done. Took about 7 minutes to get the consistency I like. It is so sweet an the aroma is so lovely. I licked a bunch of it right off the spoon!

Enjoy!


Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue