Head Hung Low.....

As much as it pains me… and it does…. I am lifting my ban and restriction on soy products. The reason being, I live in this world. And although I would love to grow and make all of the food that passes through my lips, it’s impossible. I have too much other-ness going on. Remember, I have to rotate on my own axis.

In a previous post I mentioned that soy is on the top 10 list of allergy causing foods and also one of the most genetically engineered foods. It’s a huge crop in this country. One of Montsanto’s cash cows. And its round up ready. I don’t want my body made up of this.

Soy is every where. It’s in damn near every food that’s out there. If there is a list of more than 10 ingredients in a label, best believe soy is one of them. The question begs to why is soy in so much food? What does it add? Eugenics? There are a lot of foods that I can’t make on my own without using some type of milk. Soy milk can be used in cow’s milk place. Almond milk, rice milk, none of them works in baking. I tried. And I don’t really like living without bread. I managed, but I wasn’t satisfied. I know we should not live to eat but come on. No bread? Even vegetarian restaurants use soy products. And raw bread is either dusty or greasy. I have been trapped either actively not trying to know what’s in the food I’ve been consuming or eating very boring at home.

So what is this going to look like? Well… I’m not gonna OD on soy products. Meaning I’ll still probably stay way from a lot of soy items. But if soy happens to be an ingredient in something, I’ll go on and eat it.

I’m so ashamed. I feel like I’ve been beaten. Maybe something will happen to aid me in my quest, but for now…. I’m hungry!


Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue