Dry Skin Cream

Peace.

One of my New Years resolutions was that I would show this blog a little more love. Once a season posting is really not the hotness. It is my ambition to post more regularly over here. And if I feel like I can't really love this like I should, then I will combine this blog with one of the other blogs I keep. And they are all different. The only thing that is the same is the "Peace." That being said.....

If y'all haven't joined Pinterest.com you need to. It takes a minute to get up and rolling, but it's so worth it once you get going. It's on my most visited list now a days. I find a lot of homemaking tips on there. One of the tips I found is for dry skin cream.

Now I have been blessed/cursed/you call it with eczema since birth. I suffer. Prescription creams and ointments have helped some, radiation some, infections some... but as the crunchy Earth I have become I don't want to use those things. I don't want to itch and become disfigured either. So a Pinterest tip has given me mad relief.

Mix baby lotion, Vaseline and vitamin E oil together until it becomes homogeneous. That's it. I bought all that stuff at Family Dollar for less than $5. I have paid $65 for Lac Hydrin and lets not discuss the steroid shots and what they do to my body. This mix is amazing! Truly amazing! But it only stops the itching as long as it's on my skin. When it wears off the itching returns. But that can take hours. So how do I handle that? I carry a small container with me. A little goes a long way and the itching completely stops like a light switch.

If you have itchy eczema do this. Here is the link....
http://www.patchworktimes.com/2010/03/06/homemade-hand-cream/

Please don't give me advice on my skin. I have lived with this for 40 years. Just because you child has it doesn't make you an expert. Not trying to be a smart ass but I grow tired of folks giving me advice that might have worked on me as a child. Grown assed eczema is a completely different ballgame.

I still love, though!



Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue