Earth cannot live by Bread alone....

Peace,

I have a complex relationship with bread. I like some bread a lot and others not at all. To me, bread MUST be tantalizing or it’s not worth it at all to me. Since being on this HCG diet I haven’t been able to eat a ridiculous amount of gluten. And I like the results.

The hCg diet is a low calorie, no carb diet that lets you eat the smallest amounts of bread and eat them desiccated. As I’m making my way back to normal eating, I realize that I’m not a big bread eater. I’m not. A biscuit holds no fascination for me except as a vehicle for vegan sausage gravy. Yes, I will admit KFC might find me at their drive-thru requesting 3, but you can check the calendar and see I’m due. Sliced bread is only appealing with peanut butter or lettuce tomato and cheese. I am not one of these people who have a slice of bread on my dinner plate unless it is part of a sandwich.

There is a loaf of bread on my countertop that has been there a month. It’s store bought and sliced. What it is not is moldy. Seriously…. I has been there for 4 weeks. And not a bit of mold. I ain’t eating that bread. Bread shouldn’t be able to last that long.

For lunch today, I had a wrap. The bread had gotten so gooey that I had to open it and eat the filling out of it. I the part of my stomach that got some of the gooey mess is now irritated. In addition to the gastric distress, my head hurts and I’m sluggish, I suppose T.H.E.M had something with don’t eat soft bread.

I made some bread this weekend as a TG test drive. Since I’m not a big bread eater, I don’t have recipes just sitting around waiting to be used. My mother didn’t teach me how to cook. She taught me how to make reservations and eat out. And where as I excelled at my teachings, I like to cook too. I made the best yeast rolls ever!!!! And I enjoyed eating them. And the best part was the left over rolls got hard and inedible un1ike that sliced bread.

So I’m thinking that an occasional piece of bread is lovely. But daily…… No. Not so much.



Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue