Are you Listening?


Peace Family,

I have doing some unconscious research of late... There are books upon books, articles upon articles, builds upon builds and opinions upon opinions. But the question I raise is…. “Are you giving breath to all the nutritional need mumbo jumbo?”

I am always vegetarian, often vegan sometimes raw foodist. I hear no end of foolishness when some omnivore tells me I will return to the essence prematurely if I don’t consume XYZ. Many of my herbivore friends also tell me who I’m committing slow suicide because I don’t take this supplement or this herb. Enough Already!

I don’t eat meat. So where am I getting my protein from? This is such a stupid question. Folks still plugged into the matrix. Why do people think you need all this protein to begin with? I’m grown and have stopped increasing vertically and last time I checked wasn’t brewing any babies. Like 25 years ago. So what do I need all this said protein for? I do not follow any protein ingestion guideline yet I’m still thick and healthy.

I don’t take multi-vitamins either. Have you perused the vitamin aisles? If you need to have a certain combination of vitamins and minerals then why not have just 1 formula? I’ll even give it to the folks and allow them to have a men’s formula and a woman’s formula and a babies formula, and an old people’s formula, even a prenatal supplement. Those individuals have different needs. But you don’t need immune support or joint support or whateverthefuck formula because if the previous formulas are supposedly doing their jobs, then you don’t need it.

Do you know what I supplement with? Food. I get my vitamin c from oranges and my vitamin a from carrots. I get iron from molasses, beets and greens and calcium from green too. I get fiber from skins and unprocessed grains and so on. I make sure my diet is healthy and well rounded.

When I finally gave up fish (yeah, I was one of them vegetarians that ate fish), I did get stupid. I had always noticed that when I wasn’t getting enough protein I would get goofy. Not so goofy that I had to suspend driving, but goofy enough to recognize it. When I stopped eating fish, I was prepared to live with it forever. But guess what? The goofiness came and the goofiness left. I’m good. When I attempted raw I got VERY ungrounded. So much in fact that it frightened me. Other people noticed too… Like my boss. I realized that that wasn’t something I could do and should do long term. BUT… I took the best part. I noticed that during that time I was exceptionally healthy and had a sort of glow. So when I need to ‘heal’ myself from the errors of living, I will adopt a raw foods lifestyle temporarily until healed. Because I chose to cultivate vibrant health daily, I eat 60-75% raw foods daily. Unless I’m broke. Hey, I’m real with this.

So what does Serenity advocate? That you do you, how you want to be done.


Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue