Can a vegetarian do anything 'Cold Turkey'?

I am already a very health conscious person. I have been a vegetarian since 2000, I no longer smoke cigarettes or really drink anymore. And I believe that I am the sexist and most alluring person on the planet Earth. So what’s up with this new blog? It’s not just abut maintaining, it’s about elevating.

I love my own cooking. And it is very whole as well as tasty. But I want to incorporate more ‘rawness’ than I generally do currently. I ate a bag of grapes 2 weeks ago. That was the last time I had something raw. This past summer I ate more raw then I ever had in the past. Including that summer I purposely went raw. Then the weather changed and I couldn’t take feeling cold all the time. I am funny that way. I am not comfortable eating cold food when the weather is cold and vice versa with hot food. But I felt great when I was eating predominantly raw food. I want to feel that way all the time.

Now if you look at the date you will see that it’s New Year’s Eve today. People tend to get reflective this time of year. And I am no different. I have made resolutions pertaining to my lessons, work, parent status, etc. My health gets the same attention. One of my resolutions is going to be to go 100% raw. I have some plans for this year and I need to be as fit and fine as this Earth can possibly get.

How exactly do I plan to elevate? Good question. I tried once before to go cold turkey. I became a vegetarian cold turkey. I quit smoking cold turkey and so far so good. That is usually how I handle my business. But cold turkey raw is not so easy. First of all, raw meals require planning. Some of those dishes take hours to prepare. And since I am/was very ‘meal’ oriented that was where my head was at. But it doesn’t have to be like that. There is nothing foul about eating a large bag of grape or 6 apples and calling that a meal. You get full too when you eat like that and your energy surges. But you will be hungry a few hours later. And that hunger is a hunger that will not allow you to wait for satiation.

I’m not trying to rationalize and/or give myself an out. I’m not even sure that I wish to be 100% raw for he rest of my life. But I won’t know until I try. Correct? So y’all check on me. And give me your positive feedback as I strive for perfection.

Peace

Comments

alife allah said…
Clearly I need like an all points bulletin when you post up another new blog. I took today to read through it all. I like how it is genuinely honest and I am going to take a few pointers from it and do my own little 'expose' from a male point of view in Black to Nature in terms of my own struggles and male body image. I like how it is a day to day journey/journal thang which is an effective way to present the info.
Bootzey said…
Peace God.

I am honored. I am completely addicted to all of your blogs.

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue