Juice Fast 2015!

Peace.

Hear I go again with fasting. This is my 15th Fast... Wow!!!! This year I decided to start early. The reasons were that February 2015 is a perfect month and makes March 2015 almost perfect as well. So I chose 2/15 as the Sunday to begin. Unfortunately that was right in the middle of my period. Also, it involved a cold snap. Fasting and periods lowers your body temperature so I'm freaking cold right now! And I don't see a way to warm up. I am experiencing detox. And y'all know the plan was to ease into this in a way to NOT experience any.

As much as I HATE feeling sickly... it just doesn't jive with my personality... I know detox happens when you cleanse. I mean isn't the the reason for cleansing in the 1st place.

I had a minor epiphany this past week, that I'd like to share.... Disease cannot exist in a healthful environment. So if you switch your environment from say, acidic to alkaline, the detox must come because that's how all the badsies get out of your system. So yes I'm experiencing detox symptoms, but I need to in order to internally clean up. And when it stops... It means I'm well on the inside. Do detox is good. Yay!

This fast, I have new implements planned. I'm gonna do it.... And by “it” I mean coffee enemas. I would so love to do a colonic. I would fast an extra week just for the pleasure. I wouldn't do a colonic if I was eating because to me, that defeats the purpose. I saw one on youtube and although it was disgusting, It's still down as part of my hippy bucket list. So I will play it light and loose about the colonics. But the enemas... I'm doing those. I got the kit all ready. One at the end of the 1st week and then maybe every 3days after that?. It's seems excessive but it's a coffee enema and everything I've heard about them is that they are great and possibly addictive. I ain't scurred....

I took my measurements. That's new. I don't usually take them prior to fasting. I just hop on the scale. But I don't know what I did with my scale and it 's not so important to know my weight. It always goes down during a fast and come back eventually.

I'm also doing minor treatments aimed at specific organs and systems. I always do a liver flush at the end, but I'm also drinking a daily liver tonic. I have a tea specifically for my kidneys. I have been rinsing my nose with a neti pot. I've been sungazing when the sun makes a cameo. I'm paying specific attention to the juices I make to season and tone different parts of me. I've been oiling myself... my cat loves that.... and taking salt baths. I'm not just cleaning out my colon, but everything gets spit shined.

I want to get back to a true yoga practice. I haven't been so true to the goal because the detox got me feeling all out of it and cold. I can't get that part together. I do yoga in the bedroom. Right now with this artic blast, it's the only warm room in the house so I can't do it while the 7 is home because he wants to stay warm too.

After my fast is broken, I will be doing the traditional liver flush and then move on to raw vegan eating until the Equinox. That's more than 6 weeks of cleansing. I hope I can find a sweat for the Equinox. This year it's on a Friday. If not... I'm a take a road trip and put my feet in some salt water. Savannah is 5 hours away. I need more joy in my life and being posted up in the house doesn't bring me any.

My goal is the same every year... To stay raw as long as possible. I'm certain I'll make it through March since that's part of my fasting season.... April is another bag of worms.

As far as exercise goes... It's all planned. I wanna get back to running efficiently for the HBCU race again this year. I know I didn't care for it last year... I probably won't like it this year either. But 2 things are different from last year. (a) I know where the race is going to be and I can train on the route. And (b) I joined my college's alumni chapter and they get money from all those who participate. So since I have a PR, I have something to push for.

Okay... I'm good.


Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue