Lowering My Blood Pressure..... Vitamins

Peace People,

I have decided to embark on a mini cleanse. I had a car accident on 6/10/2011 and I learned that my blood pressure is slightly elevated. Now most folks, including my doctors, seem nonplussed by this information but I am not handling it well. My mother’s blood pressure is consistently higher than any human’s should be. I don’t want to fall victim to that or any of her health issues. (And she has them all) Especially since I have a familial susceptibility to said condition. When I’m an old Earth, I don’t want to need to be on any medications.

My blood pressure isn’t super high. 130/83 was the highest. It may seem like I’m over reacting but my BP is normally like 110/60. Even at my highest weight of nearly 300lbs it was like that. So this is a big difference. Of course I Googled natural remedies, since the physicians think I’m crazy for caring. And the list read….. multivitamins with co-enzymes, weight loss, yoga, exercise, de-stress and garlic. Well… I am already on a weight loss program and I exercise almost daily. So that hasn’t helped.

I don’t like vitamins. There is a lot of crap in vitamins that folks don’t realize. I prefer to get my vitamins in the food I consume. But I am more concerned about lowering my pressure than the evilness of the vitamins. I took the vitamins for almost a month and my blood pressure has not changed. What did changed was my bowel habits. I normally go a few times a day. When on vitamins I went every other day. It was black and hard. There were times when I couldn’t bear the thought of new food because I hadn’t released the previous food. I almost considered a laxative… another no no. My face even broke out! But a cooler head prevailed. I stopped them damn vitamins and drank warm apple cider until I got loose enough to do my thang. I finally feel better, but my BP is still 127/84. The lower number is not moving and that is the important number.

Since the vitamins didn’t do the job (and did I a job I wasn’t paying for) time to move on. I specifically didn’t want to do everything at once. I wanted to see what works as opposed to what didn’t and how they worked. Next on my list is garlic. I bought a few cloves and plan to take 2 cloves a day. 1 in the am and 1 in the pm. I cook with a lot of garlic but have been hesitant to give garlic a play. Garlic thins the blood and eventually comes out of your pores. I don’t want to smell like garlic when I’m working out or just sitting around. I remember there was an old lady in the church who used to make ‘garlic water.’ It’ looked like water and tasted like water, but if you drank it you stank of garlic.

So this week, before I start the garlic, I am going on a mini raw food cleanse. 3 days at the most. This way I can get things in proper alignment and maybe lose a pound. Allegedly weight loss is supposed to lower my pressure. And next week start with the garlic and see if that aids me at all.

You see? I have to decide which the greater displeasure is... Constipation, smelling bad or taking BP meds for the rest of my life. It’s a seriously hard choice.


Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue