On your mark.... Get set.... STOP!

I am obsessed. Ever since I made the decision to tweak some things regarding my physical form, I have become surreally obsessed with my weight.

I consider myself extremely good looking. Indeed. I look in the mirror and I can get myself off on what I see. But acknowledging that there is room for improvement has set me off. I had to decide that if weight loss is to be the goal, then what is to be the method. I have tried many diets in the past with varying levels of success. The only 2 diets that ever worked for me were Weight Watchers and Cybertrim. Cybertrim allowed me to lose 60lbs quickly. So much in fact that my clothes were falling off me because I couldn’t afford to replace them as quickly as the weight was coming off. They don’t make it anymore and every now and again I find a kit and it makes me nervous. I am certain that joker is expired! WW allowed me to lose a significant amount of weight over time. Too much time. I like that you eat real food the actual way that you would eat it, but I’m not for the group foolishness. Too much pressure and too many cliques. Nothing pisses you off when a chick who only had maybe 25lbs to lose stand up in the meetings acting like they are a weight loss guru. And lets be honest, once you get the hang of the program, its not necessary to continue to pay for it.

So….. I had some leftover WW paraphernalia. Journals, point books, calculators- electric and paper. I will be straight for the next 3 months. So I am going to use up all the stuff I have. I have been pouring over the internet looking for recipes and tricks to get this party started. The only thing is, is WW is really geared to folks who use a lot of processed type food. I don’t get down like that. For the most part I try to eat as healthily and organically as possible. Like it’s been working. Let me be fair, that’s not why I do it.

That brings me to additional irritation. Why is it that I have to watch my weight at all? I am a vegetarian and have been one since August of 2000! This is some bull. I don’t even eat everyday, but still I’m thick. Not that there is shame in thickness, and I accept it, but I really feel like my weight is something that I don’t think its fair that I have to be checking for.

I have proclivities. I would be miserable without sweets and snacks. I have decided to incorporate raw desserts and snacks in this slot. I’m drinking the required amount of water too. I hate water. I recognize that it is a necessary evil of life. That doesn’t mean I have to like it. I already walk quite a bit, but clearly it isn’t enough exercise. I have the fitness channel, a Total Gym and yoga tapes. I’m going to get nicer with the yoga when I have a greater need ;-) It opens up channels if you know what I mean.

Here is the plan. I’m going to stay on this WW version of a diet until the vernal equinox and then do one of my yearly fasts then come out raw. At least for the summer. I really liked how I felt when raw. My total goal for weight loss is 40-50lbs. That puts me in really extreme sexy mode. I’m ‘big bone-ded’. I can carry weight well. Don’t hate me because I’m beautiful.


Peace.

Comments

I'm with you sis.

I was a strict vegetarian for 7 years (went cold turkey too) before I incorporated eggs and fish back into my diet to see if that was causing me to lose my hair. In that time, I was so salty because I did not lose weight--only put it on. Thankfully, I carry my weight very well but I'm ready to get back to my ideal size. Like you, that means I have to lose 40-50 lbs. This summer I'm going to go at least 50% raw too. I'm still nursing so I don't know if I should go 100%. I've got a Vitamix and a dehydrator so I should be well on my way. Sweets are also my downfall but I've been doing better at eating raisins and dates to satiate the sweet tooth.

Thanks for the info about WW too. Best of luck to you on this journey! :)
Bootzey said…
If you need a buddy, just hit me up. It's easier to walk in pairs.

Peace.

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue